Chapter 10 Mommy?

The cold breeze ran through the neighborhood. She was only four, walking with her mother and her baby sister sleeping in a stroller.

"When I grow up I wanna be a Princess!" Lorelei exclaimed with a proud smile as her long brown hair fell in her face.

"Then you become a Princess," Her mother looked down at Lorelei, smiling.

"I will!" She smiled up at her Mother.

Lorelei ran to the curb and balanced on the side, her arms out like a bird as she smiled and giggled.

"Get over here silly," Her Mother's warm laugh-filled Lorelei up.

Lorelei ran over and grabbed onto her Mother's slim pale hand as they continued to walk.

"Mommy?" Lorelei looked up at her Mother.

"Yes, sweetie?" Her mother looked down at her.

"What's that?" She pointed to the large white creature that growled before beginning to run at them.

Lorelei screamed running off releasing her Mother's hand.

Lorelei blinked snapping back into reality. She placed down the wooden clock and turned walking out of the store. She looked around the busy streets and walked down the side people moving out of the way. She had always found it strange how she signed up to be a Hunter yet she became a celebrity. The media always loved her and Finnick, putting out rumors and using them in advertisements.

"Can I help you?" A short woman met her as she walked into a store.

"Oh- yeah, can I just get some diapers and a few baby onesies?" Lorelei looked at the woman who nodded and lead her to an isle.

The woman grabbed a package and some other baby items leading Lorelei to check out.

"Have a good day," the woman waved as Lorelei left the store.

Lorelei unlocked the door of the apartment and walked in. Finnick was sat down with the baby playing with it. She put down her bags and shut the door, walking to the kitchen. She opened a cabinet and pulled out a bottle of rum. She poured herself a glass and walked over sitting down.

"Commander Ain needs to see us in an hour," Finnick said as he ticked the stomach of the baby.

"Damn, so I can't get drunk, can I?" Lorelei took a chug of the rum as she leaned back in the chair.

"No, you can't," Finnick stood and walked over to the make-shift crib they made out of a drawer and tucked the baby in who went right to sleep.

Lorelei sighed as she ran her finger around the rim of the glass.

"It happened again," She looked up at Finnick.

"Lorelei- god damnit, I told you not to go into that shop," Finnick stared at her his pink hair a jumbled mess.

"I'm sorry okay? It's so calming," Lorelei took a drink.

"Lorelei-" Finnick sighed as he rubbed the brim of his nose.

"She's dead, half of the population is because of them. Let it go," Finnick yanked Lorelei's cup out of her hands.

"Finnick!" Lorelei stood as Finnick stepped away.

Finnick stared at her his heart pounding.

"You need to learn to properly cope with this, you can't get drunk or go into a damn clock shop," Finnick slammed the glass on the ground, it shattering.

Lorelei stared at Finnick.

"How do you expect me to cope? You lost people how do you cope?" Lorelei stared at him.

"I'm honest, I know they're dead. I shouldn't carry the burden," Finnick's chocolate eyes pierced her heart.

"Fine," Lorelei fell into the chair with a thump.

"I'll see you in a bit," Finnick left the apartment.

Lorelei sighed as she buried her face in her hands.

"God damnit," She pulled her hands against her face.