Chapter Seven The Choice

"They're MIAs?" Lorelei stared at Hannah in awe.
"Yes, "Hannah gave a nod to lorelei.
"We have to track their health," Finnick slid a hologram of a bunch of bars put of his tablet stick.

Finnick fell silent.
"What?"Hannah was now sat beside lorelei and across from Finnick.
"Their hearts aren't beating, "Finnick looked at her as he slid his tablet stick away.

Hannah froze, tears rolled down from her soft brown eyes.
"Hunters die all the time you should be fine," Lorelei turned her head to Hannah.

"What the hell do you mean I'll be fine? My teammates are dead, do you know what this means?" Hannah was as white as paper.

"You have to make a choice before we get back. Simple," Finnick spoke for Lorelei.

"I have to choose if I live or if I die, Finnick," Hannah's hands were now shaking as she gripped a bit of the looseness in her pants.

Lorelei and Finnick were silent. As they aged throughout school they began to distance themselves more. Lorelei rarely spoke while Finnick began to drag away from his friends. This leads to them not knowing many other hunters closely so they never had to think of them making the choice.

The silence was interrupting by the sharp cry of a baby. Lorelei glanced at the young woman holding the small bundle.

"I'm so sorry," The woman looked at Lorelei as her short blonde bob fell in her face.

"It's alright," Lorelei's eyes were rested on the crying baby.

"My mother always said that babies hate to be in the air. It's them crying because of their ears popping. A weird thing my Mother said was if you let them chew on their finger or yours it'll stop them. That's if you don't have a binky," She smiled as Finnick moved to sit next to Hannah, comforting her.

As the ride continued Lorelei and the young woman continued to speak as Finnick comforted Hannah.