Chapter Fifteen I Hate You

Lorelei leaned on the front of the bus waiting for the helicopter. Lorelei nibbled at her lip as she stared at the ground, thinking. She paused looking around, there weren't any zombies.

"That means-" She paused hurrying inside the bus.

"When's the helicopter coming?" She looked at Finnick.

"In like five minutes, why?" Finnick looked at her.

"We need to get these kids somewhere else, there are multiple signs of a hoard," Lorelei stared at Finnick.

"We can't take them higher up, one of them has a broken leg," Finnick looked at Lorelei.

"Then what do we do?" Lorelei stared at Finnick.

Finnick sighed, walking over and placing a hand on her arm guiding her outside.

"Finnick, don't-" Lorelei was interrupted by Finnick

"We have to do it, Lorelei. Remember what Commander Ain said?" Finnick looked at Lorelei.

"We're carrying them to safety," Lorelei stared at Finnick.

"Lorelei-" Finnick began before Lorelei was already inside the bus.

Finnick sighed, he always hated when Lorelei wanted to play the hero. Despite her cold shell she always believed there was a way to save as many as possible.

Lorelei walked out holding a child as the others followed.

"We have around two minutes," She furrowed her brows looking around.

"There aren't any high places," Finnick looked at her.

"God dammnit- hold her," Lorelei gave the child to Finnick.

"Take them inside one of the shops, hide them and come back our, we're going to kill these bastards," Lorelei pulled out her chainsaw.

Finnick sighed, walking.

Lorelei yanked the string starting her chainsaw as she saw the zombies just on the horizon. Finnick ran out with his claws.

"Lorelei, we can't fight this big of a hoard!" He called up to her.

"Yes we can, Finnick," Lorelei glanced over her shoulder.

Finnick sighed climbing up next to her.

"If we die it's your fault," He got into a stance.

"If we don't die you owe me a bottle of rum," Lorelei smiled.

"Whatever," Finnick rolled his eyes.

"Here they come," Lorelei had a devilish smirk as she leaped down slicing into the zombies.

Finnick followed.

After what seemed to be hours the helicopter came. Finnick rushed to the helicopter looking at Lorelei who was backed up by zombies.

"Lorelei come on!" Finnick yelled out to her.

"We need to save the kids!" Lorelei grunted as she sliced into a zombie's throat.

Finnick ran grabbing her arm and running to the helicopter. he threw her in and climbed in as the door closed.

"What the hell!" Lorelei stood and pounded on the door trying to get out.

"Finnick!" She punched at the door.

"You were going to die out there," Finnick stared at her.

"At least I'd die fighting and not running away!" Lorelei turned around.

"Running away? We're the best hunters around if we die the world would be devastated!" Finnick argued.

" Come back to earth, the world doesn't love us they act like it because people are supposed to love the heroes!" Lorelei slapped him.

That was one of the few times Lorelei layed a hand on him, Finnick stood there, tears forming in his eyes.

"Let's just hurry up and get back," Lorelei sat down on one of the uncomfortable ripped leather seats of the helicopter.

"I hate you," She murmured glaring at Finnick.