Chapter Six Code Orange

"God dammnit," Lorelei murmered.

"Alright. Lorelei, call Commander Ain and tell him to send helicopters," Finnick ordered.

"Got it," Lorelei ran off as she pulled out a tablet stick.

She typed something on the stick and a hologram of an older man appeared.

"Send out helicopters. There's a hoard coming and we need to get them out of here," Lorelei said as she caught her breath.

"Of course," Commander Ain nodded before hanging up.

She slid the tablet stick in her pocket and ran back.

"They should be here in a few minutes,"

"Got it," Finnick nodded.

Hannah's team rushed around the village ordering people to go to the front. Some of the older villagers decided to stay behind while the rest obeyed.

"Alright, they should be here in about an hour. Load up the helicopters," Hannah said as she checked a hologram of a map that was produced by her tablet stick.

"Got it," Lorelei and Finnick nodded.

As Hannah's team helped villagers onto the helicopter Lorelei and Finnick sat on hay bales, adjusting their weapons and loading them. Hannah noticed this and walked over.

"What are you guys doing?" She flipped her hair as she crossed her arms.

"Preparing," Lorelei answered.

"For what?" Hannah rose her thin brow.

"The hoard. If villagers are staying then we might as well stay behind to protect them from the hoard- or at least try," Lorelei explained.

"Fine, We'll stay behind too," Hannah motioned to her two teammates who stood behind her.

As the helicopter blades began to whirl causing the large trees and bushes surrounding the village to sway. Lorelei and Finnick's eyes were locked on a part of the bushes which seemed to be swaying the opposite way. They squinted before glancing at each other.

"Two of you should go to the back of the village. One should go to the helicopters. Me and Lorelei have the front," Finnick glanced at Hannah and her team.

"Got it," Hannah nodded as the two members of her team raced to the back.

Hannah made her way to the helicopters as Lorelei and Finnick raced forward. Their combat boots pounded aggressively against the gravel and sand. Lorelei's stormy grey eyes seemed to show signs of seriousness despite the sarcastic and irritable look she normally has written across her eyes.

"Lorelei, you have it?" Finnick glanced at Lorelei who nodded.

She pulled out some sort of ball with a metal tag poking out.

"Ready, and pull!" Finnick yelled as Lorelei yanked out the tag and thrown it into the bushes, filling them with smoke.

A group of around 10 sneering pale creatures raced out of the bushes. They let out occasional howls before a loud bang echoed through the smoke. Lorelei had her simple pistol in hand.  One of the pale creatures were on the ground, black liquid oozing out of its' head.

"One down, more to go," She shoved the gun away and pulled out her chainsaw.

"Dramatic much?" Finnick slammed his fists down as his gauntlets let out claws.

Lorelei rolled her eyes as the two hunters began to run to the hoard. Lorelei decapitated a zombie while Finnick shoved his claw into a zombie's head. As they fought Hannah's two teammates were facing around 50 zombies. They tried to scream for back-up but the zombies' roars stole their screams. One of Hannah's teammates, Elizabeth fell to the ground, tackled by a zombie. The zombie dug its claws into her and grabbed her ribcage. The zombie ripped her apart her screaming silencing. The crimson blood splattered over the pale skin of each zombie.

Another zombie grabbed her teammate, Lili by the head biting into her neck. The blood began to ooze down her dark chocolate skin tracing each imperfection. The zombie grabbed her by the hair pulling apart her head and body. It threw them to the side roaring as blood splattered everywhere.

"Damn they're coming from behind," Lorelei growled as she shoved her chainsaw through a zombie's stomach.

"We should go," Finnick glanced at Lorelei.

"I'm giving them a fighting chance though," Lorelei sliced off a head of a zombie.

"Lorelei, they knew what they were getting themselves into. We have to go!" Finnick grabbed her pulling her with him.

"Finnick we're Hunters we fight the danger not run from it!" Lorelei tried to force Finnick to let go but his grip became stronger.

"Hannah! Signal the rest, we're leaving!" He yelled to Hannah who was defending the people still getting on the helicopter.

"Got it!" Hannah yelled as she helped the last person on the helicopter.

Hannah let out a loud whistle which had a comforting feel on it. Lorelei and Finnick climbed into the helicopter yet Hannah stood, quietly.

"They should be here by now," She murmured.

"What's wrong?" Finnick glanced at her.

"It's a code Orange," Hannah said.