S.M 1.17

The next day.
His thoughts.

The words "I miss you"  are causing  me stress.
This three words  seem to have several different possible underlining meanings.  I thought, only if I could just see her face I could read the ripples of emotion in her eyes. But once I was  upon her presences it was  the coldness  and motionless of a ice berg below the surface.  She deflected my attempts to penetrate her mental space.
Her Control of her tone and face , let me know the level of  respect she has for my perceptiveness.   I need know what that "I miss you" meant. Was it a cry for help , a passing feeling , or regret for decisions made. I left her space and subconsciously  my heated passion for her seemed to be transforming into a cold desert  , my dry response had no hope behind the words. Just a weak acceptance. I flashed back to that first kiss , the sound of the wind cutting thru trees. The street lights like spotlight humiliating just lower haft her face . Her lips center stage . The taste of cool mint . The smooth pull of our lips , her tender bites of my top lips. The phone ringing , cutting the scene, I remember cursing  the almighty director.
Sweet memories of heat. I can hold on too , when my heart turns cold.