Chapter 3 : The moon who wanted to be invisible

Invisible Moon

Chapter 3

The Moon who wanted to be invisible

"The stone wants to be the moon,

but the moon wants to be the stone."

#WINisWIND

They said that many things in this world would stay the way they were forever.

Such as a rock on the ground that could never become the moon in the sky.

The air would always be the air, and a fading person like me — how could I ever shine? Even on the first day of orientation, my existence was already unnoticed.

The first part of today's session was just introducing ourselves with a fun game. All the first-year students of my faculty were arranged to sit in rows. Each person would stand up, introduce our full name and nickname, and turn around to show our appearance. Then the next person would stand up, repeat the previous person's name and do the same for themselves. Every freshman would keep doing it until everyone had their turn. At least for today, we needed to remember the person beside us.

However, when it was my turn - and I had already memorised the previous person's name - another person next to me unexpectedly just stood up and introduced himself. He skipped me as if he didn't notice that I was here.

My introduction was simply skipped. Even the seniors didn't notice it.

Being born as an unnoticed person was sad. I could only feel miserable, there's nothing I could do about it.

"Attention freshmen! I will give you a ten-minute break. You can drink some water or go to the toilet. After the break, we will gather here again and I will brief you about the signature collection book."

P'Noey announced.

I sighed slightly. The first activity was over and I still didn't get to say a word or even make an impression.

Also, when I intended to take a free soft drink from the seniors, someone suddenly took my drink.

Damn invisible!

Although I hated this kind of situation, I was already used to it. So I just took a free bottle of water from one side, which only a few people took. Then, I walked to the balcony and looked at the tree. It made me feel at ease.

Perhaps the feeling of being part of nature — becoming friends with the sky, trees, and little birds, no need to be compared with anyone — allowed me to feel less alienated.

'Oh? Is that P'In?'

While I participated in the activities, I didn't notice P'In, so I didn't know where he was. But during the break, I saw him again in the garden nearby.

I couldn't help getting curious. Why didn't P'In join the activities?

And what was he doing now?

I observed him, P'In was walking around and looking at the warblers. They were singing cheerfully while building their nest on the tree. P'In held his phone to take a few photos of them. He looked at the photos, then, he climbed up to the first branch of the tree and took a few more photos of those little birds again.

I couldn't help but admire how gently and stealthily P'In did it. The birds didn't even realise that there was someone nearby. After he was done, he jumped down.