Chapter 8 : The Air And The Leaves

Invisible Moon

Chapter 8

The Air And The Leaves

"The leaves floating in the air

sometimes reach the sky."

#WINisWIND

I was staring at the little carp on the table for so long.

It was folded delicately using magazine paper. Its appearance might look plain, but because it was folded by P'In, the UNISTAR Moon, its value was worth much more than just recycled paper.

I was impressed by the MW company's management. At first, when I went to the queue, I thought it would be crowded and that I would have to wait for so long before it's my turn. I mean, think about it, how many fans of P'In would be there? But it turned out that the staff had divided the queue into ten lines and conducted verifications via member card or QR code on cell phones in order to prioritise registered fans and grey-shirt wearers.

Most UNISTAR fans had a card called 'MW Member Card', which offered discounts and collectable points when they purchased products or services sold by MW company. When the UNISTAR project was launched, they also launched a special card — the MW Unity Fan Club. All we needed to do was just register with our real name, email address, and phone number to receive news and updates of UNISTAR. This card could be used as a normal MW member card, with additional privilege for all products that UNISTAR members represented. All payments would earn them Unity points to redeem various rewards, such as reserving the seats at UNISTAR events, upgrading fanmeet tickets as well as redeeming limited edition UNISTAR gifts.

When I got into the queue for P'In's carp, I didn't have that card yet, so I couldn't get into the priority line, and needed to wait with other fans. Many fans who weren't P'In's fans also fought hard to get in the queue. I realised the benefit of being an invisible person just then, because I could sneak in the queue, and nobody noticed. Finally, I managed to get one. Luckily. Although I felt a little guilty, it was P'In...P'In who told me through his gesture that I should come and get it. So I assumed P'In wanted to give it to me. Well, that was how it looked anyway.

The hashtag #CarpFish was trending on Twitter after that event. Many fans tweeted to show off P'In's paper carp, while DomKati who missed that event or other fans who couldn't get one were wailing.

"I'm glad I got you, little carp." I was resting my chin on my hands while poking at the paper carp, making it rotate.

"Should I name it?" I thought as I recalled P'In's gesture yesterday. I couldn't stop myself from smiling unconsciously.

"Hey, little carp. What name would you like?" I asked the carp fish, which just stayed still. No response.

"Oh no, I'm going crazy. Why am I talking to a carp?" I held my head nervously as soon as I realised it.

I needed to prepare for my lessons as the semester would commence tomorrow.

I gently placed the carp near the lamp on my bedside table. Then I went through the textbook on business foundation for the class tomorrow.

Since I had read the textbook until late at night, I woke up at 8 a.m. The class was going to start at 9 a.m. When I finished getting ready, I went straight to the lecture room.

I found an empty seat beside some friends. The same group of friends I was with during our orientation session. I had to greet them three times before they noticed I was there.