Chapter 4 : The Moon Behind The Clouds

Invisible Moon

Chapter 4

The Moon Behind The Clouds

"Invisible Moon...might be the moon that shined behind the clouds"

#WINisWIND

If you asked what P'In was like, everyone would say that P'In was the Invisible Moon.

But for me, P'In was like the light that shone brightly, unhidden and unfiltered.

After the orientation session ended — today was the first day, so there weren't many activities — I bought a take-away meal and went back to my dormitory. Then, I just played on my phone as there was nothing else to do.

It was my first time using Instagram to follow celebrities. Before this, I just signed up for an account and that was all. I didn't open it that much — zero followers — no matter how much I updated, nobody would see anyway.

But today, I was just interested in P'In. I wanted to know how a person like P'In posted on his account, which was followed by millions.

I found that his IG was distinctive, unlike other celebrities' accounts.

His Instagram was aesthetically pleasing, even without any of his selfies or portraits.

Most photos were of trees, flowers, birds, animals, nature and buildings, things that everyone could see daily. However, he also took shots of beautiful views that many people might not notice.

For instance, a picture of the grass that I saw every day, but the shot he took highlighted the leaf of the grass with its dew, accentuated by the morning orange sky in the background. The colours and tone were in harmony. Sometimes he took photos of a building or the tiles on the floor or the head of a pipe, with a beautiful contrast between light and shadow. Other times it would be things that most people overlooked, such as the stain on the floor, which created beautiful patterns.

P'In posted photos on Instagram without any captions and had never replied to any comments.

However, his IG could relieve people from stress and boredom.

What kind of person was P'In? A person who could view something as common as nature in such a beautiful way. P'In was probably very gentle and attentive, just that he had never shown off.

I eventually understood the meaning of 'update thrice a day' that P'In had said. Every UNISTAR member should update their IG or Twitter at least three times a day. Most members would update photos, tweets or posts on Facebook fan pages. However, other than on his IG, P'In had never posted anything by himself. And, even though he had hundreds of thousands of followers on IG, P'In didn't follow anyone.

Almost all the posts on P'In's Facebook fan page might have been posted by admins or staff from his agency. The posts were mostly about UNISTAR news, activities and live events. He didn't tweet anything on his Twitter as well, only retweeted others. He mostly retweeted for helping other people such as missing dogs or cats, donating money to support patients in need or about various charitable foundations.

In the past, I had the perception that all celebrities were very lucky - good-looking and always getting attention. But P'In had completely changed my mind for now.

One thing I could say was; P'In didn't become an idol because of any popularity or reputation.

P'In did it for something.