Chapter Eight

Spring, 2015
The following days after Mika left for Busan seemed to be long. Namjoon was missing her already, they spoke every night on the phone, but it wasn't the same for him. He knew that this would be how their relationship was going to be from here on out and he would have to get used to spending long periods of time apart.

Mika could feel herself pining for Namjoon too. She was enjoying spending time with her family but her thoughts would drift to him often and what he was doing at that moment in time. Sara knew something was on her mind and had been prying a lot. Eventually Mika caved and told her about Namjoon.

"So, he is your boyfriend then?" Sara asked raising a suspicious eyebrow
"Yes." Mika defended knowing Sara was about to go into protective mode
"Well I hope he isn't using you to further his career." She retorted
"He isn't. His career is doing well on its own. And thank you for the vote of confidence that a man would want to be with me for me." Mika huffed
"I didn't mean it like that. You've had men use you in the past to further their own careers. I don't want it happening to you again." Sara said apologetically
"I know and trust me I can spot the vultures a mile off now. Namjoon isn't like that, he is genuine." Mika said
"Yeah Katie did say he was nice and a perfect gentleman. But then Katie likes everyone." Sara shrugged
"And you are the Ice Queen who doesn't like anyone." Mika laughed
"Hey, I like you Mimi." Sara laughed back
"I wish you would all stop calling me Mimi. It makes me feel like a little kid." Mika replied
"You will always be our little Mimi." Sara chuckled squishing her cheeks

Mika laughed as she pushed Sara away from her. Mika felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, she pulled it out and saw Namjoons name. A smile broke out on her face.

"I guess if he makes you smile like that I can't complain." Sara said, "I still have my eyes on him though." She added walking away
"Hi." Mika giggled answering her phone
"I hope I am not disturbing you." He said
"No, I was just about to start packing so you've saved me from the worlds most boring job. Sara will do it for me anyway." She replied
"I fucking heard that!!" Sara shouted from the other room
"You were meant to." Mika shouted back as Namjoon laughed, "What are you up to?"
"Dance practice, we are on a break the now. Hobi is working us hard today." He laughed, "So, you fly back to Seoul tonight?"
"Yeah, due to land at 9pm. I will be staying at the hotel near the airport for 2 nights before my flight back to New York Wednesday morning." She said feeling sad that she was leaving Korea so soon, "BUT I get to see you in a couple of hours. I can't wait, I've missed you so much."
"I've missed you too." He said as Hobi shouted him, "Shit, I need to get back to work. I will see you tonight."

Mika felt her heart sink a little as she hung up the phone. As much as she was looking forward to getting back to Seoul she was dreading having to leave in 2 days. It wasn't enough time with him and she had no idea when they would see each other next either. Soon she was at the airport, Younha sitting on her knee hugging her as they chatted about Younhas school. Sara looked at the pair of them and smiled. She missed Mika. Mika may be the Grammy award winning solo artist Mika Park to the world but to Sara she was still her baby Mimi.

She was more protective of Mika than her other sisters. She saw first-hand the pain and anxiety Mika went through growing up. Sara was incredibly proud of everything her sister had accomplished in her career, but she also saw how much life Mika was missing out on because of her busy schedule. Mika started in the industry at 14 years old, releasing her first album when she was only 16 years old. She was tutored on the road to complete her education and didn't even get to attend a graduation ceremony. All the people who used her and tried to leech off her success.

Mikas previous boyfriend was an actor who was just starting his career, he used Mika to try to further it. He used her name as a bargaining chip to get himself auditions and in interviews. She was just a trophy to him, a good name to drop. In the end Mika was devastated when she realised it as she had genuine feelings for him. Sara was not about to let another man do that to Mika so she was wary of Namjoon.