Chapter Sixteen

July, 2015

It had been 2 weeks since Namjoon and Mika had split up. Mika had returned to New York a couple of days previously. She had been throwing herself into her work. Namjoon and the guys were still in the states. She had over 20 unread text messages, numerous missed calls and unheard voicemails. She just wasn't ready to hear his voice yet.

Taehyung had also been in touch. She had managed to reply to one of her messages asking if she was ok and he missed talking to her. 'Sorry, just busy with work. I'll speak soon.' was all she could manage. She knew he deserved more; he was one of her closest friends, but he was too close to Namjoon. When she thought of Tae she thought of him and it hurt.

Mika was sat in a private jet with her staff and Millie. They were heading to LA for work. She was at the back of the plane with her guitar where it was quieter, trying to focus on songs. Dealing with her heart break the best way she knew was to write it out, create music but she felt torn. Part of her didn't want to write about how she felt about him because it was still so raw, but it was her only way of coping.

"Loving him was like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street, faster than the wind passionate as sin, ended so suddenly." She sang softly, "Losing him was blue like I'd never known, missing him was dark grey, all alone. Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met, but loving him was red, loving him was red."

Pain hit her again and she threw the guitar onto the floor. Bringing her knees up to her face, wrapping her arms around her legs she began to cry. 'When is this pain going to stop?', she thought

==*==

Namjoon had also been throwing himself into his work, his mind was fine when he was busy. Photoshoots, interviews, performances, meetings with producers and songwriters, song writing, and recording were keeping them all busy. When they were able to relax that was when his mind shifted to Mika. Wondering what she was up to, where she was in the world, how she was doing. Remembering their last night together and their final morning as he chased her around the room while she gripped onto a hoodie of his that she stole from him because she wanted something that smelled of him. How she laughed when he finally caught her.

And their last kiss, neither of them knowing would be their last. He remembered that so clearly, the softness of her lips, the smell of her hair, the way her fingers ran through his hair and the extra peck she planted on his lips at the end of it. He found himself scrolling through the album of Mika he had made in his photo gallery when no one was looking most of the time. He wished he had taken more photos of her when he had the chance, there was only a handful photos of them together.

Sejin came into the dressing room to speak to them about their schedule for the following day. They were meeting with more songwriters and he knew he needed to speak to Namjoon immediately. He had been keeping an eye on him since he broke up with Mika. Sejin could see the change in him and knew he was taking it hard but knew he had the guys supporting him. He pulled Namjoon to one side to speak to him privately.

"Tomorrow's meeting location has been changed so we need to start earlier than planned. We are going to Thirteen Records instead." He said
"That's Mika record company though." Namjoon said
"I know, I just thought you should know in advance." Sejin replied, "how are you getting on?"
"I am good." He said forcing a smile
"You can be honest with me. I know she meant a lot to you; it is ok to be upset." Sejin said putting a hand on his shoulder
"It is killing me. I haven't spoken to her since that call. She hasn't read any of my messages either. She replied to Tae a few days ago but it was a short message. I just want to know she is ok. She doesn't have the same support I have with the guys, at least she has Millie with her right now." He answered
"How did she take the breakup?" Sejin asked
"She didn't seem that bothered. Said it was better to end before any feelings got involved, I thought she had feelings for me." He said hanging his head slightly
"No, she liked you a lot. Everyone could see that, maybe she was just trying to be strong for you. I am so sorry it ended this way, I still don't know which staff member spoke to Bang PD but I will find out. I am not happy someone went over my head and I don't like seeing you upset like this." Sejin said standing up,
"No Sejin, this is all me. You warned me they would find out and I didn't listen." Namjoon replied
"You followed your heart, no one can blame you for that." He said, "Get a proper rest tonight, you look like you aren't sleeping much." He added before leaving