Exploring

(A/n: I forgot to include what Percy and Franny's characters would have looked like.)

Franny Jacobi is played by Eva Bella

Percy Jacobi is played by Leonardo DiCaprio (yeah I know he played Jack in Titanic)

The tall trees loomed over our heads as we stared into the vast wood.

"Let's go." Elmer breathed.

"Uh-huh." I nodded, walking into the forest. The black haired boy caught right up, walking a hair in front of me.

Probably for 'protection'. I assumed. After a moment, we were deep in the woods.

"Let's not get lost." I glanced around at all the huge trees.

"Good idea." Elmer grinned. I spotted a willow tree and ran towards it. The tree was perfect for climbing. Before long, I was a few branches up in the tree.

I slipped. This time, there weren't many branches to stop my fall, or at least slow it. A twig cut across my cheek. I squeezed my eyes shut, not willing to see the ground as it neared.

(A/n: Just to clear it up, Olive was not like 50 feet up, just maybe 2 or three feet into the branches. So like six feet up.)

~Elmer's POV~

I was looking at a weird bird when I heard a cry. I whirled around and saw Olive fall from a tree. It's not very far away. I ran to where I thought she'd fall. She crashed into my arms, causing me to stumble backwards. I was backed against a tree with Olive in my arms. I think she blacked out. I slid carefully down onto the floor. So now I'm sitting at the base of a tree with Olive knocked out on my lap. I felt around her head to see if she was bleeding anywhere, but she wasn't. Maybe she passed out from the shock of it. I noticed a cut on her cheek. It wasn't deep, just a small bit of blood.

I tore a scrap of cloth from the back of my shirt and wiped it. There was not a lot.

After about twenty minutes, Olive stirred. But she didn't wake up.

Would it be better to just let her sleep or wake her up? I thought to myself. I won't take chances.

"Olive." I gently shook her.

~Olive's POV~

"Olive." I heard someone say. I opened my eyes groggily to see Elmer looking down at me. I was on his lap. The boy breathed a sigh of relief. I sat up and got off of him.

"Sorry." I mumbled. I should've been more careful.

"Don't be." He wrapped me in a hug.

"So I's fell from the tree?" I asked, in spite of my face hidden in his shirt.

"Yeah." The boy nodded. "I's caught ya."

"Thanks." I buried my face deeper into his shirt. I grinned and pulled away a bit. His arms were still around my waist. "Maybe that's enough of the first for now."

"Uh-huh." Elmer nodded in agreement, standing up. I followed suit. We then walked in the direction we came, and soon we were out in the broad daylight. Anne, Crutchie, and Medda were on the front porch with what looked to be iced tea. Has Crutchie ever had iced tea?

Elmer and I walked briskly to them. Medda gave us both cups of tea.

"Oh, Olive, what happened?" Medda gasped.

"I's fell from a tree." I shrugged.

"Be careful!" She scolded. Crutchie and Anne were snickering quietly. Anne wagged her finger like Medda and mouthed be careful! while grinning at Crutchie. He beamed at me excitedly. I have him a subtle thumbs up. 

"I will." I promised, stifling a laugh.

"Okay." Medda sat back down. Elmer and I did the same.