Part XXIX: Jamal's Advice

Author's Note 

Hi, Wattpad. It's been two weeks since I last posted; it's to do with my hectic lifestyle studying medicine. I am currently having online lectures, assignments and soon l'll have exams. But I thought three weeks without dropping another addition to Makayla's adventure wouldn't be ideal.So here I am!

I hope I can post another chapter this weekend. If I fail to next week will definitely have lots of chapters to make up for it.

Zeebeemuks.👩🏾‍💻

I pulled out my laundry from the basket as I screeched into the phone.

"Imagine, Jamal! The man had the nerve to give me a gift after the way he first treated me."

I was jabbering about the previous day with my brother. He was at home chilling on the sofa.

"Hold on, hold on! Catch me up on the whole story again. You just started from nowhere, like, ahhh this guy tried to seduce me and what!"

I rolled my eyes as he exaggerated my previous sentiments. I folded a hoody and tucked it into the drawer. My room was a box, but it was my box.

It had a small, inbuilt drawer, chicory in colour. It had my desk squashed in the corner, where the window laid beside it companionably. The kitchen in my hostel was a shared one with three other dorm-mates.

One was a boy. He was surprisingly tidier than his female counterparts but at least we all managed to keep it clean enough. That I was grateful for.

I sighed.

"Jamal, you should have seen. Ok, so remember the guy who called you when I was stuck in Italy last year?"

I picked up a red sock and a purple bra, wondering where the other sock ran off to.

"Uhh, that dude called Marcus?"

"Aha," I affirmed. "He introduced me to his older brother Aro and when I met him I felt my skin crawl; he was super creepy!"

Jamal was quiet.

"Are you listening?" I shouted.

I heard a crackle from his side.
"Course, I am. Just 'cause I'm quiet doesn't mean I ain't."
I continued my anecdote.

"Anyway, so he was being so racist; and I don't like people that also jump to conclusions.

He just assumed I was his brother's girlfriend...he didn't even ask! Then was such a womaniser, he was undressing me with his eyes."

Jamal moved and I heard the rustling of sheets.

"How'd you know he was leering at you?"
"He was looking too long at my boobs."

Jamal groaned in disgust.

"And the worst part is he's married. Then when I came back to his house, he didn't even apologise he just left this ruby necklace on my bed. I told him to take it and go!"

I found the missing sock and rolled it up with its red fellow and tucked it into my drawer. I stubbed my finger as I violently smooshed it against the wood. I sucked it and it was still becoming red.

"Does Marcus know?" Jamal asked.
I balked.

"What? No way! That's a horrible way to get to know a guy. What would I say, hey Marcus, your creepy older bro tried to make a pass at me by giving me his red family jewels!  But don't worry I told him to keep them to himself!"

"Hahaha! First of all, if you told the dude that he'd turn red as a traffic light. Do you know what family jewels are?

I rolled my eyes. I had just used it in my sentence so of course I knew what they were.