XXXIX. Light Magic

If the highest people on earth in terms of innovative progress are scientists and inventors, here in Everland, it is the sorcerers and sorceresses.

Scientists and inventors create devises and machines that helps mortals in their everyday lives. While sorcerers creates magic that is just as powerful as those machines.

The people of the Earth and the Everland are humans. But they are gifted with different power of survival. One is intelligence and the other is magic.

In Earth, magic and magical creatures are just myths. In Everland, technologies and machines are also myths. The two seems not to exist in each other. They seem to be alligned in parallel.

But I, Eerah Eriendelle, have crossed that parallel line between then.

I don't know how and why. But the thing is, I'm already part of both the two worlds. And I'll do everything to save one of those worlds.

Itinaas ko ang dalawa kong kamay at nag-unat. Sumandal ako sa isang puno at nagbanat ng buto.

"Ano? Pagod ka na ba? Wala pa tayo sa kalahati ng bundok ah?" Natatawang tanong ni Nickolas. Sinimangutan ko naman siya at naupo sa lupa.

"Why don't you just use your magic to teleport us?"

Sumandal ako sa puno at pumikit. We are here hiking at the Mt. Nayi. Pupuntahan namin ang head sorcerer na nakatira sa tuktok nito.

Siya ang pinaka-makapangyarihang mahikero sa buong Everland kaya may kutob kaming pupuntahan siya ng dark organization. At kailangan namin silang unahan bago pa nila makuha ang head sorcerer.

"This is a nullifying mountain. No magic can be used here," tugon ni Nick kaya napatango-tango ako.

"Woah, cool."

"What's cool with that?" Kunot noo niyang tanong.

"Kung hindi makakagamit ng mahika ang kahit sino rito, e'di ligtas dito. May weakness din pala ang mga taong may mahika."

"That's only a weakness for the weak. I can fight even without magic," wika niya at umupo rin sa isang puno sa harap ko.

"Sabagay."

"But that's a disadvantage for you. You can't fight without your potions."

Tumayo naman ako at napamewang sa sinabi niya. "Who said I can't?" Tanong ko at pinanliitan siya ng mata.

"Watch me," saad ko at hinablot ang dala niyang espada. Ihinampas-hampas ko ito sa hangin na parang bihasang-bihasa sa pakikipaglaban.

Napailing-iling lang siya at tumayo na para magpatuloy sa paglalakad. "Hoy, hindi ka ba naniniwala??" Sigaw ko at sumunod sa kanya sa paglalakad. Natatawa naman siyang napailing ulit.

Moments passed as we climb the mountain, the golden rays of the setting sun started to pass along the leaves making spectrums of sunlight.

We walk toward the west where we can see the sun kissing the horizon. Umupo ako sa lupa at sumunod naman si Nickolas sa akin.

"The sun is so beautiful specially in sunset," namamangha kong turan.

The blue sky is covered with fushia-like clouds and golden oranges-- the most beautiful combination of hues the sky ever had.

"Eerah, alam mo bang nagsinungaling ako sa'yo?" Bigla niyang tanong dahilan upang mapalingon ako sa kanya.

"The kid you talked to in the garden last week, I lied to you when I said that I don't know her. She's the guardian of the future, right?"