Epilogue

Five years later...

They said that sunsets are made beautiful to cover the painful goodbye it always bid.

And five years ago, in this same day, together with the sun, someone bade her goodbye. A beautifully tragic tale that was ever written.

I put the comb in the table as I finished brushing my hair. Tumayo ako upang ayusin ang suot kong kulay dilaw na magarbong bestida. I smiled as I fix the tiara in my hair.

As I walk through the hallway, everyone around me, servants and knights bowed as a respect to me.

Naglakad ako papunta sa balkonahe upang pagmasdan ang kabuuan ng kahariang nasasakupan namin. Winzellia.

Everything is now alright. All the kingdoms are peaceful. The war that happened five years ago changed all of us. And I can say, that chaos somehow helped us improve and grow.

Bahagya akong napatawa. Five years have passed and I felt like I was so young that time.

"Princess Victoria," Lisa called as she walked towards me.

"Yes?"

"The queen is waiting for you in the royal chamber, your highness."

I smiled and nodded to her. I immediately went to the royal chamber. Pagpasok ko ay isinarado ko ang pinto.

"How's my queen?" Nakangiti kong bati ko kay Ariel. Napanguso naman siya.

"Ate, call me by my name," reklamo niya kaya bahagya akong natawa.

"So, what are you up to? Bakit mo ako pinatawag?"

"I just want to consult something to you," saad niya at may ipinakitang dokumento sa akin.

Mga dokumentong naglalaman ng mga plano at mga proyekto para sa kaharian katulad ng pagpapagawa ng mga tulay at kalsada, pagpapalawak ng kalakalan ng kaharian, at pagpapababa ng buwis ng mga mamamayan.

Bumaling ako sa kanya at pinanliitan siya ng mata. "Why? Hindi ba maganda, ate?"

I shook my head. "No, it's so nice! Did you plan it by your self?" I asked and she nodded.

"Geez, you're a good queen for a twenty years old! I'm so proud of you, Ariel," I said as I pinched her cheeks.

"Pero ate, haven't you ever thought of going back to your position? I can always give the crown back to you."

I reached for her head and fixed the crown she's wearing. "Ariel, you deserve it more than I. Besides, you always dreamt of being a queen when you were young."

"But ate, you also dreamt of it, right?"

"Yes, but... I have more than enough. I'm already contented with everything I have."

As the afternoon came, I left the palace. Pumunta ako sa gubat kung saan tumutubo ang mga orkidia. The flower's fragrance, the seashore below, the magnificent setting sun.

"Victoria,"

Napangiti ako nang marinig ang pamilyar na boses. Lumapit ako sa kanya at yumakap. "How's your journey?"

He became the head sorcerer. He travels in every kingdom to train potential students in sorcery. Nickolas have been through a lot when I was gone.

"It was nice. You should have saw the garden of Veros," Nickolas said as he hugged me back.

Bahagya naman akong natawa. "I've already traveled all the kingdoms, Nick. I already saw everything."

"But that will be better if we'll see it together."

We sat in a low cliff below the seashore. He held my hand and intertwined it into his. Together, we watched the magnificent sun set.

I rested my head in his shoulder. I can't help but smile. We have been through many things.

Five years ago, in this same day, together with the sun, someone bade her goodbye. A beautifully tragic tale that was ever written.

But tragic endings are just beginnings in disguise towards a happy ever after.

And two years ago, in this same day, I came back.

I closed my eyes as I reminisce those times. Two years have passed but it was still surreal.

When the curse was broken, I thought that I already died. But I didn't-- the light magic in me made me still alive but not in a human form.

I became part of the horizon. An invisible wind that always wait for the sun to come. I can't be glad that I'm alive because I know that I can't go back home.

I will vanish soon, that's always the thought in my mind. Because only tye light magic kept me alive. Once it chosen it's new holder, the magic will disappear in me and I will cease to exist.

Then, in the thousand and ninety fifth day of my stay in the horizon, the sun brought someone in my place.

A girl with porcelain skin and black curly hair. She's just the same as my sister's age. And once again, I found myself in my human form.

I was a little sad that time because I know, that girl must be the new holder of the light magic. I will vanish soon.

Her smile made me confused, her eyes reflected recognition, like she knows me. But her words made me confused even more.

Go back. They are all waiting for you, as she said those words, I felt being blown by the wind. Then, I just found myself standing in the cliff again.

I came back.

All my life, I never believed in happy endings. I never imagine my life in a fairytale-like plot.

But now, I did.

And I know that...

We will be living a happy ever after.

{~•~•[ THE END ]•~•~}