XLII.Victoria's (2)

E e r a h | V i c t o r i a

"You are told to be yourself.
But what will you do
if you're not sure
of who you really are?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naglakad ako patungo sa mababaw na bangin kung saan makikita ang dalampasigan sa ibaba at ang papalubog na araw sa harap.

Tumayo lamang ako habang pinagmamasdan ang araw na malapit nang mahalikan ang guhit tagpuan. I wouldn't dare to sit and let the dirt touch the fabric of my silver gown.

I looked at the golden sky as the wind dances the laces of my gown. I traced my fingers through the yellow petals of a new bloomed flower I'm holding that I freshly picked in the palace's garden.

Sunflower. Oh, how I love the smooth texture of it's petal opposing the rough surface of its seeds. Who wouldn't like the bright sunny yellow color of it?

I closed my eyes to reminisce some things from the past. The past I finally got a courage to reminisce.

"Victoria, wala kang kwenta. Even your parents left you in the dark"

"Victoria, you can't be anything than a left behind child."

"Victoria, you're evil. That's why you aren't worth loving."

I opened my eyes with annoyance. I just rolled my eyes. My memories are now filled with negative thoughts and I hate it.

I stared in a tree when I saw some orchids planted in its branch. Lumapit ako rito at pinitas ang bulaklak.

I closed my eyes to reminisce the memories of Eerah created in my mind.

"Apo, alam mo bang isa ka sa pinakamagandang regalong natanggap ng pamilya natin?"

"You will always be my one and only bestfriend, Eerah."

"Eerah Eriendelle, you can be anything you want if you believe."

Iminulat ko ang mga mata at ngumiti habang hinahaplos ang orkidia sa kabilang kamay.

Eerah and Victoria are so different from each other. From the color they like to the experiences they have.

Eerah's good and Victoria's evil. And I know why it is. Because Eerah didn't experienced being left behind. Sa lahat ng bagay ay palaging siya ang pinipili.

Everything about Eerah are good memories. But my sweet smile turned bitter as I crushed the violet orchid in my hand. And I hate it.

I hate everything about Eerah. I hate how her memories makes me realise that she's just an illusion. And everything she has have never been really mine.

Siguro, ganito talaga ang buhay. Perfect lives can only be found in dreams and illusions.

Or maybe, that's only for me.

As I kept on watching Seli when I was young, I hate how her life is better than mine.

And when I have been found and became a princess, everything remain the same. As I kept on looking at everyone, I always find myself having a grudge in them because they seem to always have a better life than me.

I guess, it have been a curse in me since I was born.

"Eerah,"

Lumingon ako sa tumawag sa akin. There, Nickolas is smiling while staring at me. But that faded and replaced with a confuse look when he saw the sunflower I am holding.