Saving Troy

*ESPIAN*

I grabbed whatever clothes I saw first and bolted out the door. I dialed Jayden but he wasn't answering. I called once more and finally, he picked up.

"Hello," he said softly into the phone.

"Jayden I need your help please, can you take me to go pick up Troy. He sounded like he was in trouble," I was gasping for air as I ran towards his dorm.

"Yeah sure, meet me outside my dorm," his voice more clear and awake.

I reached outside his dormitory and he was already outside in a hoodie and jeans. He rubbed his eyes as he smiled at me.

"What's going on?" He said curiously.

"I don't know he sounded like he was losing his breath. He sent me his location but that's all I have. I'm worried that he might be in trouble," my words choked and I honestly didn't know what to think. My anxiety was reaching its tipping point. I'm a worrier. I've always been my whole life but the sound of Troy's voice still echoed in my head.

"Alright let's get going," he ran towards the parking structure as we got into his car. I showed him the location as he nodded.

It didn't take long to get to the location. The twilight night was eerie as he parked in front of some apartments. I got out as I looked around and saw nothing. My heart started pounding. I noticed Troy's truck so I ran over but no one was inside. I tried to open one of the doors but it was locked. I walked back to the apartments as Jayden kept looking around. I brushed my fingers through my hair as my anxiety reached its peak.

"Where is he?" I was on the verge of crying when I heard a groan.

"Did you hear that?" Jayden said.

I heard the groan again. It was coming from the bushes. We slowly crept over and there he was unconscious. "TROY!"

I leaned down as I checked his pulse. "He's breathing but it's faint."

"Let's take him to the hospital," Jayden leaned down and helped me pick him up.

"No...hospital," Troy stuttered as Jayden and I looked at each other.

"Troy, can you hear me?" I got close to his ear.

He gently nodded his head. "Take...home," he said softly.

We lifted him off the floor. He was heavy from all the muscle he had but we managed to get him inside Jayden's car. I sat with him in the backseat as he rested his head on my legs. His face was a bit flushed as I saw droplets of sweat on his forehead. I brushed the few strands of hair off his forehead. He slowly opened his eyes as a small smile formed on his lips. He immediately closed them as I saw Jayden looking at me through the rearview mirror.

We finally got to campus as Jayden and I struggled to get him up to our dorm. It took some time but we reached the elevator. We sat him down on the floor as the lift went up.

"Thank you for helping me. I don't think I would've been able to do anything without your help," he nodded with a genuine smile.

We reached the third floor. We lifted his arms over our shoulders as we dragged him into the apartment. It seemed like forever but we managed to get him into his bed.

"Man this guy is heavy," Jayden fixed his hoodie as he caught breath.

I lifted Troy's feet onto the bed as I took off his shoes. I pulled his warm blanket over his body. I took a deep breath as I turned to Jayden. "Thank you so much."

He yawned as he covered his mouth. "It's no problem," he rubbed his eyes as I started to feel bad for keeping him up.

I glanced at Troy as I noticed his face had a bit more color to his face. His breathing was back to normal.