The Flames That Burn

*TROY*

It's getting closer to Christmas as the California weather is shifting to the colder winds and the larger jackets. Espian and I have gone our separate ways. We converse when we bump into each other in our dorm or if I spot him in the library, other than it's like I don't have a roommate. I don't know what caused our relationship to break but I keep trying to connect where was our demise?

I guess it's for the best. I'm about to graduate and I don't want to pursue something he didn't want. He's a freshman and I'm basically out the door. I finish my upper-level classes this semester and I'll start interning at the beginning of next year. I chose to intern for Kingston Design Corps. I like their modern and elegant design for buildings plus they are going to pay me so that's more motivation to pursue them as a company.

I've been dating Elijah for a couple of weeks now and he's been great. Sex is amazing with him and he has the same interest as me, the only difference is he likes to get his hands dirty so he wants to construct the buildings. I simply want to design them. He's funny, athletic, romantic, and a damn great cook. I mostly spend time at his dorm that way it doesn't get weird with Espian.

A couple of days ago, Elijah spent the night in my room and ran into Espian half-naked. Espian almost had a heart attack but his new friend, Jayden, is always there to comfort him. Hey, I'm happy for him, he deserves someone that's going to be in college right beside him.

I don't quite get his relationship with Jayden, they act like friends but Jayden seems to show more interest. Hey, I guess it's none of my business. I still care for the kid even though he brushed me away when I asked him if he liked me.

His words dug deep like a knife inflicting pain but I knew he wasn't being truthful to himself. I would've given him ALL of me, EVERY single piece of me but he chose not to be truthful so I went with Elijah.

I'm not saying Elijah is not good, he's great but Espian and I had a perfect connection but I guess perfection can't be damaged if one is broken.

I'm laying on the sofa with Elijah as he slept peacefully on top of me. He's much heavier than Espain but it's all the muscle this guy has. I'm stroking his golden curls that glided softly on my fingers. We had just finished showering after we had amazing sex all over his dorm, this guy has a sex drive like no other.

His dorm was always cold because the heater was broken so I had to improvise with him on top of me. He squirmed and groaned. He opened his forest emerald eyes with a perfect smile. "Hey handsome what are you thinking about?" He pecked me on my bottom lip as I grasped his waist closer to me.

"Hmm not sure, maybe my other guy," his smile disappeared as I began to laugh. "I'm joking around babe, of course, I'm thinking about you," I partially lied because I was in fact thinking of someone else, and his name was Espian.

"Don't say that shit to me, you do have a reputation of being a man whore," I let go of his waist and glared at him. "The fuck is that suppose to mean?"

He got off me and sat on the edge of the sofa. "You know what, I'm not going to argue with you. I know I just transferred but I keep hearing rumors about you," his husky voice was defensive and annoyed.

"Well if it makes you feel better they are true but that doesn't mean I'm always like that," I sat up and scooted next to him.

"Hey look at me," I grabbed his chin and aligned it with my eyes. His eyes were sparkled like a kaleidoscope. I pecked him on his lips as he closed his eyes. "When I'm not with anyone I do hook up constantly but now I'm with you. I'm not doing it ok," a curve formed on the corner of his lips as he pecked me once more.