Painful Memories

*TROY*

I'm excited that Espian invited me to his house for Thanksgiving. I haven't been around a family setting ever since papa Thomas died. He asked me to call him that because he didn't like me calling him sir. So I guess papa fits well for him. I remembered I would help him cook the turkey like two days before Thanksgiving. He knew how to cook but I would do most of the cooking. He just taught me how to cut, boil, broil, bake, and sauté, everything there is to know about cooking.

I miss him dearly and I wish he was still alive so I could have those wholesome meals we enjoyed together. Jake, in fact, did invite me one year to his family's Thanksgiving but it ended up with his mom and dad fighting. I guess his dad cheated on his mom, it wasn't a pleasant holiday. We ended up leaving way earlier than expected. We ended up partying that last few days in the dorms, it was pretty wild.

So now I'm flying across the country to meet up with Espian and his father. It's sad when he told me about his brother killing himself and even worse witnessing it. No wonder he's always anxious and worried about everything. He hasn't mentioned his mother at all, which is weird but I'm not about to ask him questions that he doesn't want me to know. He will tell me with time.

I can't get his kisses out of my head, they are rich with passion. I know he wants me. I could feel it but I know he's struggling with his relationship with his boyfriend. I have a feeling his boyfriend is cheating on him but who am I to judge. I'm no saint but when I have a boyfriend. I try to dedicate my time with them, they have all of me, NOT half, but ALL of me.

I close my eyes as I patiently wait to get to New York.

I land safely and called a cab, fuck it's cold here. I should've put more layers on me but I guess my hoodie and jacket will do. I got inside the cab and give the cab driver the address Espian had texted me. I rub my hands together to thaw the arctic freeze that numbed my fingers.

"Hey, I just landed. I'm on my way to your house"

I sent the text as he quickly replied

"Hey I came to visit Shane real quick, I won't take long and my dad knows you're coming so make yourself at home. I can't wait to see you"

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face but who cares. I'm glad he's my friend and appreciative for inviting me over. I thought he was going to surprise his boyfriend tomorrow. Well, I guess more time with him tomorrow.

I got dropped off in a pleasant neighborhood. It was a typical two-story house with a clean lawn and two cars parked outside. Espian's house was a dark woody tone with white window frames. The lights were dim from the inside so I'm hoping his dad is home. I paid the cab driver as I lifted my backpack over my shoulders. I walked down the walkway and knocked on the white wooden door. I heard feet shuffling closer as an older man opened the door. He looked quite younger than I would've thought but I noticed the salt and pepper on the side of his hair.

He had the same crystal blue eyes that Espian had and was fair tone on his skin. He seemed built from the upper body. His blue polo shirt hugged his chest pretty tight and his arms were pretty bulky. He was handsome just like Espian.

"Good evening sir, my name is Troy Casanova. I'm Espian's friend from school," I stuttered a bit as his stern face glared at me. Did I get the correct house?

He began to laugh as he held his chest. "I'm sorry son. I just had to give you the mean dad face, you should've seen your face," I smirked as I finally started to laugh.

"Come in son, it's cold outside," yes it was indeed cold outside, actually it was freezing. I could barely feel my fingers and feet anymore.

I walked in as my body quickly began to thaw. I heard the door close as his dad walked in front of me. "Do you want some coffee, water, juice?" He offered as I scanned the cozy inside.