A New Beginning

*ESPIAN*

After Thanksgiving break, Troy and I haven't spent much time hanging out. He's been busy with school projects and I've been trying to catch up with classwork. I got a part-time job in the library only for a couple of hours so it's impossible for Troy and I to hang out. I only hear him coming in late at night. He doesn't even come to my room anymore. I do miss cuddling with him but it's for the best. I think he wanted more than just being friends but like I told him I prefer to stay single for now.

I do hate myself for not pursuing him. He's gorgeous, who wouldn't want him as a boyfriend. His shiny black hair falls forward when he's in a rush or when he gets ready he combs his hair back which reveals his handsome face. His beautiful celestial eyes that send me into a trance every time he gazes at me and last but not least, his beautiful sculpted body that I once saw when we took a shower together.

He does text me every day to see if I'm good but that's about it. I did get a part-time job on Tuesday's and Thursday's after my afternoon class. It's only for 3 hours a day.

Jayden and I have been spending time together. He's a good friend and I do appreciate his company now that Troy is busier than usual. I know it's his last semester so I completely understand that's his main focus is completing his high-level classes.

I still haven't made friends other than Jayden and Troy. Jake occasionally says hi but he's a little crazy for me. I think only Troy can handle him.

I was closing up with my manager from the library when I got a text from Jayden.

"Hey what are you doing?"

I quickly replied.

"I'm about to leave work, what's up?"

He replied.

"Let's go to a frat party, there's one tonight. I promise we'll leave early cool?"

I really didn't want to go but I needed a break from work and school. So why not.

"Be at my dorm in an hour :)"

"Yes! I'll see you in a bit ;)"

We closed up the library as I made my way back to my dorm. I took a quick shower and put on something different. I put on some faded black jeans, a hoodie, a black leather jacket that I hardly wear, and my converse. I put some light gel on my hair and sprayed some ocean breeze body spray that I've barely used.

I heard a knock on the door as I grabbed my wallet and hurried to the front. I opened the door and Jayden's eyes lingered up and down my body. 

"Wow, you look great and handsome," his words stuttered as I saw his cheeks get a rosy red.

"Thanks, that's actually the reaction I wanted to get," I said with confidence. Is this how it feels to be confident? Because I'm liking it.

"Well, you caught my attention. Are you ready?" He asked as I closed the door and got closer to him. His mouth was about to touch mine.

"Yeah I'm ready," I pulled away as we walked downstairs and to the frat house. I wasn't ready to give him hope when all I see him is as a friend.

The party was at the same frat house I went to with Troy the first time. We stood outside as we saw how full the house looked. We stared at each other and smiled. We approached the front as we made our way into the house. It was the same atmosphere from the first time I was here. The music was loud as I saw everyone drinking and having a good time.

"Let's go get a drink in the kitchen?" I grabbed Jayden's hand as we made our way into the kitchen. We both grabbed a beer and walked back to where everyone was dancing. Jayden and I stood on the side as we scanned the room. Guys were making out with girls on the walls, couples were bumping and grinding on the dance floor. My eyes stopped when I noticed Troy's arm around a handsome guy. He was tall and muscular. His golden locks were pushed down by the beanie he was wearing. His jawline was well defined as I noticed a dimple form on his right cheek. His eyes were an emerald green that glistened from where I stood.