Cabin Fever

*ESPIAN*

It's two weeks before Christmas and my finals are almost done. This semester flew by quickly and I felt like I haven't accomplished anything. I mean, I know it's the first semester but it went by too quickly.

Troy and I have talked so we decided to stay as friends. I'd rather have him as a friend than not have him at all. His dating Elijah and I don't want to ruin the stable relationship they have at the moment. I do get jealous seeing Troy with him but they've been dating for a couple of weeks now and I don't want to cause drama. Jayden and I have also been dating and he's been wanting to get more physical but I can't seem to do it.

Troy on the other hand can pass by me and I would give him all of me but it's complicated. Troy does sleep with me when he spends the night in the dorm. It's wonderful having him next to me but that's all we do. He cuddles himself with me and leaves in the morning.

Jake invited us to his parent's cabin in the mountains and I accepted the offer, after that, I'll fly back home for Christmas with my dad. Unfortunately, Troy told me he wasn't going to be able to join us. Elijah invited him to his house so like I said I don't want to intervene with their relationship so it will just be my dad and me for Christmas. I would invite Jayden but I think he told me he's heading home as well so I crossed out that idea.

We leave tomorrow morning to Jake's cabin. I'll carpool with Jayden and Troy would go with Elijah. We would meet everyone else later at night. It's a couple of hour's drive. I just hope I don't get car sick because going up a mountain has always terrified me. I'll just pack extra honeydew candies just in case I get an upset stomach.

I haven't been swimming much this semester because first, it's cold as hell and second, my swimming class was mostly bookwork and less swimming.

My swimming grant covered all my college tuition so I'm thankful for that. In high school, I was in the swim team and was made captain for various trophies I won for the school. Unfortunately, after my brother and mother's death, I stopped swimming but the school offered me a grant for college and I accepted. Maybe next semester I'll try out for the swim team and see how it goes.

I woke up early and made my way to the indoor swimming pool. Nobody was around and the swimming pool opens early in the morning. I walked into the locker room as silence filled the room. It was eerie but I need to take a swim to release some of this stress that had built up during finals.

I put on my speedos and wrapped a towel around my waist. I headed towards the pool as my body shivered from how cold it was. The lights were dimly lit as I walked to the edge of the pool. I leaned down and touched the warm water. I got a whiff of the pungent irritating smell of chlorine but that's alright I used to the smell. I slowly dipped my body into the warm clear water as I submerged my body inside.

I put my goggles on and began my laps. I forgot how much I love swimming but this semester was getting used to college life. It was very different from high school. I stroked through the water as all the pain and stress washed away. My lungs burned as I kept stroking. I would get to one side and quickly flipped underwater to finish another lap.

I was finally tired as I submerged myself one more time underwater. I held my breath as I looked up at the clear water. I saw a body standing on the edge of the pool but it was hard to focus as the water rippled. I quickly came up for air and quickly took off my goggles. I wiped the water from my eyes and quickly glanced at the edge of the pool, no one was there.

My stomach growled, maybe I was hallucinating from how hungry I was. I quickly got out and wrapped the towel around my body. My lips trembled and my body shivered as the piercing cold rubbed against my body. I made my way back into the locker as the eerie silence surrounded the room like a horror film. I glanced side to side as I studied the empty locker room. I finally got to my locker as my fingers trembled from the cold.