Magical Forest

*ESPIAN*

I know I had my bracelet last night. I never leave it anywhere or take it off. It's the only jewelry that keeps him alive for me. Now I'm lost as a part of me has withered into the unknown. I bolted out of the house and ran into the woods. I kept on the trail as the cold morning was like daggers going into my skin. I was still in my pajamas which were warm but not for this cold morning weather.

My body heated up as I ran and ran until my lungs burned. I could see the fog coming out of my mouth as I passed trees and bushes. I came to a stop as I put my hands on my legs and slowly caught my breath. The trees were so tall that sunlight wasn't coming through so I was trapped in a dingy part of the forest. The morning dew melted off the leaves as the scent of pine invaded the surroundings.

The uneven trail that I ran was covered in fog as it disappeared into an endless abyss. I heard hear the melody of the birds chirping as I knew it was safe to be here. I could hear a waterfall but I didn't know in which direction it was coming from. I sudden sense of anxiousness took over as I didn't know how far I ran into this forest labyrinth.

The fog was still coming out of my mouth as I tried to calm down and walk back on the trail that I ran for my dear life. I don't know what came over me but I felt like I needed to run away from everyone, maybe I was stupid for running into the forest but I didn't care.

Hearing Jayden's words of "what's so special about my bracelet?", yeah that was the kiss of death. I shouldn't be mad at him or even bothered because I never told him what happened to my brother. I'll tell him once I get back.

I felt like I've been walking forever. I didn't have my watch on and my stomach was growling. I felt my sugar was down as I felt weak. Why was no one looking for me? It was still cold but it had gone up a few degrees since I left the deep loneliness of the forest.

I felt my body drag as I kept walking. I glanced up at the dark shadows of the voluminous trees as the autumn leaves held on to the tree branches. My heart stopped when I noticed the trail split into two. I was completely lost now as I sat on the side while trying to decide what to do.

I felt my side itch like crazy as I scratched while my skin burned from the itchiness but I felt too weak to even think about it. I laid down on my side as I melt into the dry dirt. I rested my eyes as I drifted into a deep sleep.

"Is he ok?"

"Yeah, he's fine? He looks dehydrated. We are almost back home," I opened my eyes as the haziness of my sight captured a small glimpse of his gray luminous eyes.

"Hey you, we are almost home, you're safe now," I felt his strong arms hold me tight as I buried my face into his warm chest.

I faintly smiled at him. "There goes that beautiful smile I like to see," I closed my eyes as I drifted back to sleep.

I was super comfortable and warm as I slowly opened my eyes. I heard dishes clacking and people talking as everything felt hazy and weird. I heard footsteps get closer as I saw Jayden's amber eyes gaze into me. "I'm really sorry, that was very insensitive for me to say. Please forgive me," he got on his knees closer to me. I realized I was on the couch in the lounge room.

I slowly got up and sat on the edge of the couch. I noticed Elijah and Jake talking in the kitchen. I didn't see Troy anywhere. I glanced back at Jayden whose eyes were focused on me. My side started to burn and itch as I scratched but it was so sensitive and raw. "Ahh damn it, what happened?"

"Well you sat on a bunch of poison ivy and you passed it onto Troy. So he's taking a shower right now. You'll be fine it was too bad and thankfully Jake had ointment," a guilty smile formed on his lips as he leaned in and kissed mine. I didn't fully return the kiss but just enough to give him some satisfaction.