A Merry Christmas

*ESPIAN*

It was early morning and I'm packing my luggage. Jayden has been silent all morning as he packed his luggage as well. I finished packing as I sat on the edge of the bed. Jayden kept packing as I was trying to get his attention.

"Ahem," I cleared my voice as he stopped and looked at me. His amber eyes were dark as I saw his jaw clenched.

"Yes," one word that stung me deeply.

He kept packing as I got nervous to ask any more questions. He sighed as he slammed his luggage on the floor. "I get jealous when I see you with Troy. I notice how you look at him and it's clear that you like him, or am I wrong?" I knew this was coming but it caught me off guard. I didn't know what to say.

"I hmm," I stuttered as I fidgeted with my fingers. I gasped and walked towards him.

I grabbed his hand as he pulled it back. "Just don't man, I'll drop you off at the airport and we could talk after winter break," he moved away and walked out of the room as guilt took over me.

I walked out behind him when I heard a discussion in Troy's room. "What is it you want from me!" I heard Troy scream.

"Just admit it, you like him. Why do you even care what happens to him? Are you dating him or me? I need to fucken know before we go back home to my parents," I heard Elijah yell back. I got closer to the door.

"Come on babe, we talked about this. I do care for him, he's been through a lot but it's not going to work with him. This was my last semester and I'm probably not going to see him again."

My heart cut open when he said those words. It sliced into two. The floor creaked as I walked back but it was too late, Elijah opened the door and glared at me. "Were you hearing our conversation?" His voice was high pitched as I noticed Troy staring at me. His eyes sloped downward as he knew he said hurtful words.

"No, I wasn't I was just walking by. I'm sorry for making so much noise," he slammed the door in my face as I felt my heart open even more.

I walked into the kitchen as I saw Jake brewing coffee. "Morning kid, why the long face?" He approached me as he tried to get me to look into his crystal blue eyes.

"It's nothing. I'm just ready to leave. It's been an interesting few days," I smirked as he chuckled.

He looked around to see if anyone was in the lounge room or hallway. "Hey man, I know you and Troy have hmm a complicated relationship but I know Troy. He fucken likes you a lot. I have never seen him look at anyone like the way he looks at you. You guys need to figure out what you really want or you're going to lose him," I scrunched my face in confusion.

"Espian, he's done with school. He's moving on. He's going to start interning and you might not be able to see him again," he grabbed my arms and gazed into my eyes. "Tell him how you feel or you'll lose him forever." I gasped as his words dug deep into me. Jayden walked in as Jake let me go.

"Hmm, are you ready? If we don't leave now, we will both lose our flights," I nodded as we both went to the room and grabbed our luggage.

"Let me say bye to Troy," he glared at me and continued walking towards the front. I gently knocked and Elijah opened the door again. "Sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to say bye to Troy," Elijah slowly moved as Troy appeared.

His beautiful Grecian face. His captivating silver eyes that glow when he gazed into my eyes. "Have a good flight kid. I'll text you later when I arrive at Elijah's place," he came closer to the door as he pulled me into a hug. A whiff of fresh bath soap struck me into his spell. He got closer to my ear as he whispered. "Don't worry my honey badger, I'll come to visit you at school next semester. I'm not going far," he pulled away as my tears threatened to come out.