Lights Out

*ESPIAN*

I still can't believe Troy is my boyfriend. I'm star struck with no words. I haven't been this happy, well let's just say since my mom and brother died. I love the way he looks at me with his dove feathered eyes, a grey hue that was memorizing. I love how his lips softly caressed mine when he made love to me. I love when our bodies collided when we had passionate sex and finally I loved how he was attentive to all my needs.

He told me about the prank they did to him at work and I couldn't stop laughing. He tickled me but he has adjusted very well to his new career. I couldn't be happier for him. He comes home, we immediately have sex, we cuddle, and then he would cook for me. We did this the whole week until I came back to campus to tell admissions that I will not need my dorm room. Thankfully, they got someone to fill that space.

I'm tapping my pen on my desk as I'm trying to pay attention in my advanced cognitive course but all that comes to mind is how I'm going to tell Jayden how I'm with Troy now. Jayden and I were never official but I think deep inside he thinks we are so he at least needs an explanation on why I can't be with him. I want to stay friends with him but I'm not sure how he'll take my surprise.

We've texted back and forth while on winter break but my texts were one-word responses. He stopped texting me completely a few days ago and that had my stomach in knots. He probably knows what's coming but it's for the best. I don't want to hurt him or give his hopes up. Troy told me he'll kick his ass if he treats me differently but I told him he doesn't need to do all that.

After what seemed like forever our professor released us and gave us a research paper, we had a week to turn it in. I wasn't looking as I checked my phone when I bumped into someone. I looked up and it was Jayden. His eyes were dark as he intensely looked at me. He cut his hair short as it revealed more of his handsome features.

"Hey," his voice was deep as he continued to stare at me.

"Hi, how are you?" I kind of stuttered.

"Can we talk?" He didn't even answer my question.

"Sure, I was about to ask you the same thing," he nodded as he turned around. I followed him but for some reason, this isn't the Jayden I recall knowing. His aura is much darker and almost intimidating.

We walked until we reached a lonely part of the campus. He sat on a bench as I nervously got closer and sat next to him. He stared into the unknown as he gently grabbed my hand. "I know you're breaking up with me," he words were sharp like a knife. I gasped as he looked down to the ground

I didn't have to say anything and guilt surrounded me. I really didn't want to hurt him but he's more into this relationship than I am. It's not fair to play along when my feelings are for Troy.

I let go of his hand as I caressed his cheek. He pulled away. "Please don't, just tell me now so I could get to my next class," his voice deeper than before.

"Jayden, you're not making this easy for me," he glanced slowly at me.

"I knew this was coming. I should've never given my hopes up for you and now I'm here trying not to break," he choked on his words as I couldn't take it no more.

"I'm sorry but I'm with Troy now, please don't break our friendship up. I still want you as a friend, please?" He gasped.

"I'll think about it but I'm not sure I can," he got up as he threw his backpack over his shoulder. "I'll be fine, don't worry about me," he walked away as he left me under a dark cloud. I took a deep breath as happiness was sucked out of me.

I wanted to try out for the swimming team so I made my way to the locker rooms and quickly changed into my speedos. I wanted to forget about my talk with Jayden. I put my towel over my shoulders and made my way to the swimming pool. I saw a couple of guys sitting on the bench as a tall middle-aged man was talking to them.