Third Wheel

*TROY*

My final semester is pretty stressful. I'm mostly doing computer designs but it takes a lot of time to do a 3-dimensional building and when your professor is a dick, then more stress is on me. He wants one done every week but I guess it will come in handy when I do go out into the real world. My social life went from getting drunk every weekend to spending more time with Espian in our dorm but he's cool. He's been kind of dragging and moody these past two weeks. I've tried to have full conversations with him but he pushes me to the side.

I'm starting to get to know him a bit better. He gets annoyed when I slightly opened my mouth when I'm chewing. He doesn't like it when I'm talking while we watched a movie and he likes eating those honeydew candies that he always carries. I'm going to call him a honey badger when he's in a better mood.

I've been completely ignoring Jake, he always wants to go out. I haven't been feeling like myself ever since my late-night rendezvous. Besides I get more shit done when I'm being responsible.

It's Saturday night and Espian is slouching on the sofa as he gazes at his bracelet. He turns it and admires the beauty of his bracelet but I sense a bit of sadness radiating from him.

"What's wrong dude? You've been dragging around here and now I'm feeling it, talk to me kid," I smacked his leg as he sat up.

He sighed as he glanced those beautiful blue eyes in my direction. His hair was getting longer since I first met him and he has small blonde curls that cascade down his forehead.

"Shane canceled coming over because he's too busy adjusting to his college schedule. I understand but I didn't want this to start," he looked down at the floor as he moved his bracelet.

"Damn dude sorry to hear that but if it makes you feel better. I would definitely make time to go see my boyfriend if we were far apart. You're a handsome kid so why wouldn't I go visit you," he smirked as it made me feel satisfied to know I could put a smile on his face.

"Can I ask you a question?" He nodded without looking at me.

"What's so special about your bracelet? You almost had a meltdown when you lost it and now keep staring at it," he finally glanced at me as his eyes were glossy.

"It was my brothers, he killed himself in front of me," holy shit, my stomach clenched as I felt someone punched me in the stomach. I sat up and moved closer to him.

"I'm sorry man. I didn't mean to get into your personal business, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to hug him so he won't feel violated but I know he needs one right now.

"It's ok. You would've found out sooner or later," he rubbed his nose as I saw drops of tears fall on the floor. Fuck it, if he wants to be mad because I hugged him then so be it.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to me, he didn't resist as he wrapped his arms around me. His hair smelled like honey mixed with vanilla as his body was warm and welcoming.

He cried but it wasn't an obnoxious cry. It was gentle and sweet. I laid down on the couch as I pulled him on top of me. He didn't say anything as he followed my lead and stood quiet. To be honest, this felt nice.

I'm not sure what I'm feeling for this kid but it's a warm tug inside that I haven't felt since my ex.

"Hey, Troy?" He said with a low voice.

"Yeah."

"Thanks for this. I'm just feeling lost and confused. I've always had my dad comfort me but now that we are apart, it's hard to adjust to a new lifestyle," he hugged me deeper as I could feel his heartbeat fast.