2

Chapter Two: Familial Love

When the matter of Hua Xi Wan's marriage was mentioned, the thoughts of the females in the room were all different, but they all had smiles on their faces. Yao shi did not feel good inside but she smiled prettier than anyone else. "Old Taitai, it is normal to not bear to part with Third Miss as she marries. However, marriage to Xian Junwang is our third miss' good fortune. There are so many people in Jing City admiring our Hua Family."

These recent days, she had people go and listen to the outside. She knew that what the public was discussing was not pleasing to hear. Thinking about those discussions, such as calling this marriage a fresh flower inserted in manure, Yao shi felt great. So what if Hua Xi Wan was beautiful, so what if she was a miss of the marquis fu. In the eyes of other people, she was just a female without any beauty that could not be seen in public and ruined the handsome Xian Junwang.

The old taitai was not very happy when she heard this. In the past, it was due to her family's lack of high status that she had been married to the old marquis as his second wife. Everyone had said that she was fortunate to marry up, but only she knew what the reality was like. However, even if she did not feel good inside, Yao shi was her son's wife, so the old taitai did not let her lose face in public. She smiled faintly and said, "In the future, a harmonious coupling between husband and wife is the greatest good fortune."

Yao shi gave her agreement. She knew that what she had just said was not appropriate, so she closed her mouth and did not speak anymore.

As the subject of discussion, Hua Xi Wan had been holding almond milk tea and eating refreshments in complete silence. Even though, in other people's eyes, this was because she was not talkative and was embarrassed, Lu shi knew that it was due to being lazy. Looking at the rate at which she was eating, it was possibly because she had wanted to sleep in later and had not eaten breakfast.

She pretended to naturally push the pastries near her hand towards Hua Xi Wan. Lu shi said to the old taitai, "Old Taitai, you are right. As an elder, don't we all hope that our juniors will live well?" What junwang, qinwang, these titles were useless. They were not as useful as a man that would treat her daughter with his entire heart. Their marquis fu was not a top-tier family in Jing City, but they were not at the point that they needed to rely on the happiness of their daughter in order to maintain the glory of their family.

The old taitai nodded and conversed some more with her juniors. She indicated for Lu shi and her daughter to use the noon meal together, but she did not persist after Lu shi gently rejected it. They exchanged a few more courtesies before Lu shi took Hua Xi Wan and left the home of the third Hua Master.

Spring was the time when the males and females in Jing City went out on horses to admire the season. Therefore, the streets of Jing never lacked for those richly dressed. When the sedan stopped in the middle of the road, Hua Xi Wan knew that there was someone of status that was coming from the opposite direction.

In a TV series that she had been a part of in her past life, there had been two influential families of equal rank that had gotten into a disagreement over whose sedan would go first. Only when she came here did she know that both sides were extremely polite in this circumstance and would at least give the right of way to the other, trading between a few times before deciding who would go first. Even if one side was of higher status, they would not have a proud attitude. If the person who gave up the right of way had some status, the other would at least have a servant come to give their appreciation.

The families that could establish themselves in Jing mostly had gone through generations of storm and rain. They were very careful in their conduct and were not willing to stain the reputation of their families for minor matters.