16

Chapter Sixteen: All Is Possible

After Qilong Emperor's birthday, rumors about Hua Xi Wan spread in Jing.

Supposedly, Xian Junwang Fei never saw guests before her marriage truly because of her health and no other reason. In reality, this Xian Junwang Fei was actually devastatingly beautiful and stunned many people when she appeared at the Holy One's birthday banquet.

When the rumors came from the mouth of the nobility, many people expressed that they had felt long ago that Xian Junwang Fei wasn't really a female without beauty. Otherwise, why wasn't Yi'an Marquis Fu in a hurry to disguise it?

Those people who had relatives serving in Yi'an Marquis Fu felt they could hold their heads up. In the past, they had said that the miss of Hua Fu had great beauty, but no one believed them, saying that they were flattering the marquis fu. Now that the nobility were saying that Xian Junwang Fei was a great beauty, the people who spread the rumors disappeared, and many people who "already knew" appeared.

The prestigious families that had once planned to ask for marriage from Yi'an Marquis Fu but then hesitated because of the rumors felt great regret. The Hua Family had been marquises for generations. Hua Xi Wan's two elder brothers were good, and if they'd had such a family for in-laws, it would have been very good. But they had wasted such a good chance and allowed Xian Junwang to pick up this great bargain.

At this time, there were ones who were complaining and were jealous, there were even people who tried to set Lu shi against her two sisters-in-law from her paternal family. They implied that Lu shi didn't care about her sisters-in-law, and said that the two sisters-in-law allowed such a niece to marry into the Imperial Family etc etc.

The people of the Lu Family were honest and direct, but that did not mean they did not have brains. If the Lu Clan did not have brains, how could their ancestor command armies and conquer the world with the First Emperor? Those skilled in tactics naturally had smart brains and long-term views. Would they ruin their relations with their relatives due to machinations like this?

The two females of the Lu Family were honest and protective. After hearing people making implications, they expressed with dark faces that it was a match in heaven for a niece of the Lu Family to marry Xian Junwang.

They did not say anything but gradually distanced themselves from these people.

Xian Junwang Fu.

After Hua Xi Wan read the letter that Lu shi had sent her, she folded up the letter and had Bai Xia put it away. She walked next to the window and looked at the blinding sun outside. She said with a creased brow, "The days are getting hotter."

Zi Shan had been putting incense balls in the Gold Beast Stove to repel pests. Hearing this, she said, "If Junwang Fei feels hot, let Hong Ying Jiejie make a fruit sorbet for you. She's best at doing this."

Hua Xi Wan sat down bonelessly on the soft chaise next to the window. She felt her sitting position was still not comfortable, so she lay down on the chaise, her face against the cool brocade. She finally felt slightly better. "That's nice."

Hearing this, Hong Yin stopped what she was doing, smiled, bobbed towards Hua Xi Wan, and prepared to go to the ice cellar to get ice.

"Make a few bowls—you should all have a taste," Hua Xi Wan lazily added and then took the soft pillow that Bai Xia handed over. She put it under her body and then lay on her side with her left hand propping up her chin, her right index finger tapping slowly against her leg. "Lu Zhu, have you finished the accounts of the shops that are in my dowry?"