50

Chapter Fifty: Suspicions

"What are you thinking about?" Seeing Hua Xi Wan's brow furrow, Yan Jin Qiu's face held concern. "Why are you frowning?"

"Nothing, I just felt strange seeing a certain decoration in Sheng Junwang Fu." The grape decoration was something in Hou shi's room, so it would not be appropriate for Hua Xi Wan to speak of it in too much detail to Yan Jin Qiu. "I don't know why the Crown Princess would give something of that material to Sheng Junwang Fei."

She did not know if the Crown Princess knew that night pearls were unhealthy if they were kept in close contact with people, especially those who were pregnant. The Crown Princess herself wanted children badly, but in front of power, someone else's child would not be so important.

The Crown Prince and Sheng Junwang were at odds to start with, not to mention that the rumor circulating in public was that Sheng Junwang had more ability to rule than the Crown Prince. If Sheng Junwang first had a son, from the Emperor to the Crown Princess, no one would rest easy.

When she thought about this, Hua Xi Wan rubbed the corner of her eyes. No wonder the Crown Princess had hurried to get to Sheng Junwang Fei so early. So she had been going to confirm if the miscarriage was true or not. This was very bothersome.

"If you do not feel well, rest after eating." Yan Jin Qiu saw Hua Xi Wan's expression become uglier, and his worry became more evident on his face. "If I had known beforehand, I would not have let you be dragged into these matters."

It clearly was a very normal sentence, but when it reached Hua Xi Wan's ears, her heart jumped. "Wang Ye seems to have something that you have not told me."

Yan Jin Qiu sighed. "Those who are too smart tire the head." He walked to Hua Xi Wan and reached out a hand to wrap around her from the back. "A few days ago, the Crown Prince and I talked about the night pearl, and I said that it is not good for night pearls to be put in the bedroom as they are unhealthy for the body."

Hua Xi Wan abruptly turned to look at Yan Jin Qiu. Just as Yan Jin Qiu thought she would utter words of blame, she suddenly smiled. "Jin Qiu should be more careful when you talk in the future, otherwise, people will use you."

"Wife is right; this husband will definitely remember." Yan Jin Qiu stole a kiss behind her ear and then said, "In the future, if there is something you want to know, ask me. As long as I know it, I will tell you everything."

Hua Xi Wan looked at his perfect side profile and put a hand lightly on the back of his hand. "Jin Qiu's thoughts always surprise me."

"It is not that I surprise you, but that you do not believe me." Yan Jin Qiu seemed to have changed his method of interaction with Hua Xi Wan, taking off his mask and becoming more direct. "I know that you do not like these matters, but it is a part of being in the Imperial Family—otherwise, our children will live days of decline, with the name of Imperial Family members, but where any prestigious family in Jing is better off than them."

There were many Imperial clansmen in Jing who were in decline. A portion of them were the descendants of wang and junwang who failed in trying to get the throne. There were also people who did not have any ability and just struggled through their days. But most representative were the Imperial Family relatives who were the descendants of the losers in the fight over the throne, or the people who had been disliked for generations by previous emperors. The fate of their lives was almost predetermined from birth. Unless they were truly one of the geniuses found once in a hundred years and loyal to the emperor, they would only be able to live out an average and boring life.