64

Chapter Sixty-Four: Fighting

Because of the several major cases that occurred in Jing lately, many officials felt they were in great danger. The rumors about the Crown Prince being deposed grew even stronger, and even the people on Sheng Junwang's side continued to make little movements.

However, Xian Wang Fu still acted high up, as though nothing had anything to do with it. So no matter how strong the conflict between the Crown Prince's faction and Sheng Junwang's faction was, Hua Xi Wan was very idle. She did not care about the invitations she received and refused them with the excuse of ill health.

Ever since the two of them had gone to the old taitai's birthday two days ago, Yan Jin Qiu had a new hobby. When he did not have anything to do, he liked to boil a pot of tea for Hua Xi Wan, and then the two of them would sit by the window, sipping tea as they admired the snow. There would also be some exquisite and delicious pastries on the table, some interesting folktale books, and they would occasionally summon the musicians who were in the fu to make music and sing to add to the atmosphere. Their days were heavenly.

So when husband and wife were listening to a song and admiring the snow, they exchanged a look when they heard that Lin Ping Junzhu was requesting an audience, and found the hint of regret in each other's eyes.

Even though Hua Xi Wan did not want to move, the other was Yan Jin Qiu's jiejie. No matter what their relationship was like, she could not avoid meeting the other. She could only dress up slightly and then walk with Yan Jin Qiu to the main hall to see the guest.

Ever since Lin Ping Junma had been assassinated, it had been rare for Hua Xi Wan to meet Lin Ping Junzhu. So when she saw the fragile-looking woman in the main hall, she almost didn't dare to believe her eyes.

Lin Ping Junzhu was two years older than Yan Jin Qiu, but because she had taken care of herself, she used to look like a woman who wasn't even in her twenties. But she seemed to have suddenly aged by a decade. She was just in her twenties but looked as though she was in her thirties.

Seeing the couple come in, Lin Ping Junzhu couldn't help but tense as she sat on the chair. Then she raised her chin slightly and said, "Now, it is even harder to even meet Didi."

Yan Jin Qiu saw this and did not argue with her. After holding Hua Xi Wan's hand and sitting down, he said coolly, "You would not come if there was not any matter—what happened?"

"What, it is not possible for I, the jiejie, to come see the didi and dimei?" Yan Jin Ling smiled coldly. She played with her painted fingernails and said, "Has Didi not heard the rumors in Jing?"

Yan Jin Qiu held a teacup and did not speak. He clearly did not want to take care of Lin Ping Junzhu's matters. Hua Xi Wan touched the hairpin in her hair. It seemed that it was time for her to come onto the stage.

"What matter is Jiejie referring to?" Hua Xi Wan smiled gently and then took a sip of tea. She had eaten a few additional pastries just now and was slightly thirsty.

"The people say that Xian Wang Fei is outstanding in beauty, of a fine mind. I think that the rumors are false. Because other than these two traits, you also have the ability to speak lies." Yan Jin Ling put down the teacup. "Which of the rumors in Jing is worth my coming to make a visit?"

You make it seem as though I begged you to make this trip. Hua Xi Wan's brow moved slightly. "Haha."

Yan Jin Qiu's hand froze where he held the teacup. He recalled something that Hua Xi Wan had once said. Each 'haha' means that I am too lazy to pay attention to you.