103

Chapter One Hundred and Three: No Blood On The Sword

Hua Xi Wan was not surprised by Yan Jin Qiu's response at all. Her personal servant girls sighed in relief at this. Since Wang Ye had such an attitude, it meant that he did not place any importance at all on Yuan Shu Yi.

There were some relationships between males and females that were the most dangerous, for example, maternal cousins, foster siblings, or close friends. Who knew when these innocent relationships would become not innocent?

At night, husband and wife had a great night. After Yan Jin Qiu went to court in the morning, a servant reported to Hua Xi Wan that Yuan Shu Yi wanted to see her.

"Yuan Shu Yi wants to see me?" Hua Xi Wan touched the phoenix hairpin in her hair as she looked in the copper mirror. After drawing a yellow flower on her forehead, she said, "She is a low-ranked servant—what does she want to see me for?"

The servant who was reporting raised her head slightly. After seeing the patterns on Hua Xi Wan's grand dress, she quickly lowered her head. Her tone was slightly nervous. "She said she had an important secret to tell you concerning the wang fu. This servant did not dare to delay and came to report."

"Oh?" Hua Xi Wan raised an eyebrow. She slowly stood up holding Bai Xia's hand. "Tell her to wait outside."

"Yes." Seeing Wang Fei not put any blame on her, the servant inwardly sighed in relief. After curtsying, she left. When she walked out of the inner yard, she looked at Yuan Shu Yi who was now a low-ranked servant but still put makeup on her lips and eyebrows. She said with an ugly expression, "Wang Fei tells you to wait for someone to call you in." Finishing, she did not care whether Yuan Shu Yi had heard her and hurriedly walked away after cursing.

Yuan Shu Yi's face was slightly ugly. But when she looked at the luxurious inner courtyard through the round gates, the discontent on her face was pushed down and it was turned into docility.

She stood for about half an hour outside before a green-robed servant girl finally led her in. With her present status, she did not qualify for Wang Fei to receive her in the main hall, so the servant girl led her to the side hall before leaving.

Yuan Shu Yi had come to Xian Wang Fu before. However, while she had felt at the time that Xian Wang Fu's scenery was good, it was not as astounding at it was now. She found that every chair and table was made from famed and valuable wood. Any chair, if it was sold outside, would be enough for a normal family to survive for a few years.

She heard the sound of footsteps behind her and turned back to look. Hua Xi Wan walked in surrounded by people. The cloth that she wore flashed with light and color, and seemed magnificent and noble. The embroidery on the hems seemed to be alive. It was enough for many women to feel admiration. The buyao in her hair of a phoenix holding a pearl in its beak was worth cities. Adding on her devastating beauty—how many women would want to take her place?

Watching as Hua Xi Wan came closer, Yuan Shu Yi couldn't help but move her rough hands back into her sleeves. She curtsied appropriately. "This servant greets Wang Fei."

Hua Xi Wan stopped walking to glance at Yuan Shu Yi. Then, using Bai Xia's hand as support, she sat down at the front.

Yuan Shu Yi had thought that the other would pretend to be friendly and not let her curtsy. Her lips tensed. But since Hua Xi Wan did not speak, she could only hold her body in a bent position.

Having seen acting before, Hua Xi Wan would not slight herself by pretending to be gentle and kind. She took the stomach-warming tea that Hong Ying handed over and took a sip before saying, "You can stand up. I heard that you have something to tell me?"