67

Chapter Sixty-Seven: Match in Heaven

As one of the womenfolk, Hua Xi Wan did not make a bedside visit after she entered Zhu Que Palace. From a distance, she saw that the Crown Prince's complexion was waxy yellow and much of his vitality had disappeared. There was a female dressed in matronly palace attire standing by the bed. Even though her face was filled with respect, dullness was evident and she was lackluster in her actions.

The Crown Princess was silently crying as she sat on the side. However, her complexion was well, and there were several servant women around her who were guarding her.

Seeing the servant women's postures, the womenfolk of the Imperial Clan were not unperceptive to go near the Crown Princess. They all picked places slightly further away to sit down, and no one dared to speak up.

Of the imperial womenfolk present, Hua Xi Wan was the highest-ranked. She took a drink of tea and used an embroidered handkerchief to wipe her mouth that was not wet at all. She stood and then bowed towards the Empress. "Empress, how is the Crown Prince?"

The Empress looked at the insincere concern of these women and wanted to shout at them to not act like this. She felt disgusted looking at them, but she did not shout. Because she was the Empress. She would not, and could not, lose her composure and do such a thing. "It was trouble for everyone to make this trip. The imperial doctors have already tried to force the Crown Prince to vomit. As long as he is carefully taken care of, there will be nothing wrong in the future."

"Then that is great." Hua Xi Wan showed an expression of joy. "The Crown Prince has great fortune and definitely can overcome this danger and turn it into good fortune."

"I'll accept Xian Wang Fei's auspicious words." The Empress forced a smile. When her gaze landed on the Crown Princess, her smile seemed slightly darker.

"Niangniang, two of the grand doctors have fainted." Zhao Dong trembled as he knelt in front of the Empress and didn't even dare to raise his head. "What to..."

"What is the use in keeping them if they cannot heal the Crown Prince?" the Empress said expressionlessly. "Let them stay unconscious. If something happens to the Crown Prince, not just them, but even their families will not have good days."

The Empress' words were a threat and also a way to vent. Everyone present sympathized with the grand doctors, but no one dared to stand out at this time. They were all mortals, and sympathy was something they would possess only when they were sure they themselves were safe.

Zhao Dong felt that this action was not correct, but the present situation did not allow for him, a servant, to give advice. He silently left. Looking at the grand doctors kneeling outside the room, he sighed. Suddenly, he saw the procession of His Majesty appear at the corner, and he wanted to go into the hall to report to the Empress. However, the Chief Taijian Steward, Ma gonggong, who served the Emperor walked towards him. He could only stop and welcome the other with a smile.

"Hey, Little Dong, what is going on here?" Ma gonggong looked at the old grand doctors who had fallen in the snow and exclaimed. "Aiya, aren't these people the masters of the grand hospital—how did they end up like this?"

Zhao Dong's heart skipped a beat when he heard this. Before he could speak, he saw the imperial procession had reached him, and he hurriedly stepped back in order to kneel.

Qilong Emperor looked at the disorganized yard and said in a deep voice, "Have the grand doctors stand up, and the unconscious ones sent home. The others can all stand under the eaves and wait for summons."

Zhao Dong's anxiousness increased. He seemed to hear slight discontent from the Emperor's words. Then he recalled that the survival of the Crown Prince was uncertain, and the Emperor only had this one son. Even if the Emperor was discontent, he would not do anything.