26

Chapter Twenty-Six: Sisters

When Hua Xi Wan appeared in front of her eldest brother, it was more than an hour later. Hua Chang Bao looked at his grandly dressed younger sister, then at Xian Junwang who was rearranging the hairpins in her hair, and sighed.

When he left with Hua Xi Wan, he turned back and raised his folded hands to Xian Junwang who had walked with them out of the wang fu gates. "Xian Junwang, please stay. I will go first."

"Eldest Brother-in-Law, have a slow trip." Yan Jin Qiu helped Hua Xi Wan onto the carriage before he turned and said to Hua Chang Bao, "Forgive me for not seeing you off further."

"Please stay, please stay." Hua Chang Bao got on the horse. After they traveled a distance, he looked back. Xian Junwang was still standing in his original spot, but the distance was far, so he could not see what the expression on Xian Junwang's face was.

Moving his gaze back, Hua Chang Bao looked at the carriage with the insignia of Yi'an Marquis Fu. His brow furrowed. What did Xian Junwang really think?

Mu Tong watched as the carriage from Yi'an Marquis Fu traveled until it could not be seen before he buried his head down.

"Return." Yan Jin Qiu turned and walked through the gates of the junwang fu. After they walked to the second door, he said in a cold voice, "What rumors are there about the case of Master Zhang?"

"Many people outside are saying this matter is connected to the Crown Prince. But because the Emperor wants to save the Crown Prince, he is pushing the crime onto the heads of the bandits," Mu Tong said obediently. "Supposedly, even the people from the Zhang Family are starting to suspect the Crown Prince."

Yan Jin Qiu snorted a laugh and walked towards the study with his hands behind his back. "It seems that Yan Bo Yi is making waves from the shadows. Otherwise, who leaked out all the information?"

Mu Tong was silent and did not dare to speak.

After Yan Jin Qiu stayed half a day in the study, he suddenly remembered a new chef had come into the fu yesterday, so he said, "Get the new chef to make some of his specialty dishes and send them to Junwang Fei."

Mu Tong stilled and then said, "Junwang Ye, Junwang Fei went back to Yi'an Marquis Fu today."

Yan Jin Qiu paused in flipping through the book in his hand. He then waved his hand and did not speak further.

In one of the private rooms of a famous rouge shop in Jing, Lin Ping Junzhu stood by the window. When she saw the carriage from Yi'an Marquis Fu pass by, she couldn't help but frown. Why was the carriage from Yi'an Marquis Fu going from the direction of Xian Junwang Fu toward Yi'an Marquis Fu?

When the carriage passed into the distance, she heard the sound of female conversation from the next room.

"Yi'an Marquis Fu really cares for their daughter. So early on this sixth day of the sixth month, and they have gone to Xian Junwang Fu. Xian Junwang Fei really is fortunate—a good paternal family, the favor of her husband. I really admire her."

"This is fate; you won't obtain it even if you admire it."

Sixth day of the sixth month? Lin Ping Junzhu thought for a moment before recalling that this was Daughter's Day among the common people. It was when the parents and brothers had the females who had married out come back to stay at home. Hearing the two women in the next room speak about how they admired Hua Xi Wan, she impatiently left the private room with her servant girls.