60

Chapter Sixty: Benevolence

It might have been that Hua Xi Wan was too suspicious, or that she had acted in all kinds of dramas in the past life, but she remembered, that time when she had gone into the palace, the gaze with which Qilong Emperor had looked at her, Xu Wang Shizi Fei and the Crown Princess. At the time, she had felt the stare was too strange. Now that she thought back to it, she felt that the gaze had a different meaning.

Once she started thinking this, Hua Xi Wan was shocked by her thoughts. She took a deep breath and forced this unreliable thought out of her head because this was taboo in society. Hua Xi Wan felt that she was thinking too much.

In the palace, after the Empress finished listening to Zhao Dong's report, she had a strange expression. After she waved away the servants present, she lowered her voice and said, "Did the grand doctor confirm the diagnosis?"

"Niangniang, the babe inside the Crown Princess definitely has more than two months." Zhao Dong darted a look at the Empress and then quickly lowered his head. "The Emperor places great important on the child of the Crown Prince, so he has sent an experienced mama from the palace, as well as female officials. He even sent two grand doctors to stay in the Crown Prince's Fu."

The Empress' expression was uncertain. She had been thinking of the Crown Prince all this time because he was in prison. She was extremely thin, a layer of skin supported by bones, and looked much older. She even gave people a harsh and cold feeling. "It is rare for the Emperor to spend effort on these things."

Zhao Dong's heart jumped. He felt that the Empress' words were not quite right, but he did not dare to think more. Instead, he said with a smile, "It can be seen that the Emperor thinks highly of you and the Crown Princess. Otherwise, he would not spend so much effort for the young highness." When he said this, a trace of anger came onto his face. "This one had not expected Zhang Hou of the Judicial Office to be so unperceptive. He actually caused His Highness to have to stay longer in prison."

The Empress had a dazed expression as though she had not heard Zhao Dong's words. After a moment, she said tiredly, "Has the matter of the two prostitutes been taken care of?"

"Niangniang, do not worry. The matter has been pushed onto the Zhou Fu. No one will suspect His Highness." Zhao Dong had a smile on his face that seemed slightly strange. "It is a pity that we were unable to relate it to Sheng Junwang Fu."

"Yan Bo Yi is not someone you can scheme against." The Empress snorted. "Pushing this matter onto the Zhou Family is just the result of a compromise between us and him. He knows that if the matter is dragged out, even if it is investigated, it will be harmful for his reputation. Whereas we do not want to make things worse for the Crown Prince. Only that Zhang Hou is really hateful..."

The Empress rubbed her forehead in restlessness. Every time she planned one step, something unexpected would happen. These recent years, it had been extremely choppy. She speculated that Yan Bo Yi was involved in this, so she felt murderous towards Yan Bo Yi.

Zhao Dong did not dare to speak more. He had already caused the Empress to feel discontent because he had not taken care of the matter properly. If he was careless in his speech, the Empress might take the chance to lecture him. The Empress had not been in a good mood recently. Many people in the palace had been punished, and he did not want to be punished.

"All right, you can go." After the Empress said this, she stilled for a few moment and then said with a sigh, "Have the servants be careful of the Crown Princess' child. Nothing is allowed to happen to the child."

While she knew that the truth behind some matters was disgusting and hard to hear, for her son and her glory in the future, she could ignore it.

The world of the Great Zhao was fated to be in her son's hands. No one could steal it from him.