63

Chapter Sixty-Three: Difficulty

"How come your hands are so cold?" Yan Jin Qiu touched Hua Xi Wan's hand and then frowned. His large hand wrapped firmly around Hua Xi Wan's hand. "It is so cold now. If you have something you want to say, then send someone to invite them to the fu to stay a few days."

"Didn't you say that it is wonderful to see the snowy scenery—how come you are so unrefined now?" Hua Xi Wan's other hand held a stove warmer. She allowed Yan Jin Qiu to hold the umbrella with one hand and to hold her hand with the other.

"As long as it is for the benefit of your body, there is nothing wrong with being a bit unrefined." Yan Jin Qiu smiled and released Hua Xi Wan's hand. He reached out to wrap his arm around her shoulders before they continued to walk.

Hua Chu Yu who was silently walking behind them thought, Your Highness Xian Wang, when you are showing off your love, can you consider the people who are behind you?

Before they returned to the main hall, Yan Jin Qiu took away his arm. He adjusted his clothing and handed the umbrella to Mu Tong before walking through the door shoulder-to-shoulder with Hua Xi Wan, with a dignified and noble aura.

The main hall which had been very busy quieted when husband and wife walked in. After exchanging greetings politely, everyone was ushered by the younger members of the Hua Family to the meal hall to be seated.

The people of the Hua Family repeatedly invited Yan Jin Qiu and Hua Xi Wan to sit at the front. However, Yan Jin Qiu refused each time. He bowed towards Hua He Zheng, saying, "Zi Ling should not refuse the sincere invitation of Mount Tai. But with elders present, there is no reason for juniors to sit at the front. Mount Tai, please fulfill the wish of Zi Ling."

Yan Jin Qiu was giving Hua He Zheng a good amount of face, and Hua He Zheng naturally felt happy. However, he could only act as if he was in difficulty and invited the old taitai to the front. Then he and Lu shi sat down on either side of the old taitai.

While Yan Jin Qiu allowed the three elders to sit at the front, the other members of the Hua Family did not dare to sit in front of them. So Yan Jin Qiu and Hua Xi Wan sat down below Hua He Zheng. No one said anything, and they would have to praise the two of them for being filial.

The old taitai was relatively healthy, but she was still an old person. Consequently, the dishes on the table that had meanings of longevity and good wishes were primarily bland, soft, or sweet. After Hua Xi Wan ate a few bites, she felt her mouth was filled with sweetness.

Because it was a family banquet, the atmosphere was lively, and so no one had the servants serving the food. Some of the food that was suited to Hua Xi Wan's appetite was far from her. Fortunately, there was Yan Jin Qiu who had a long arm, so she was not in danger of starving or being rude.

"Jiejie, why aren't you moving—is it not suited to your appetite?" Because of the previous matter, Hua Qing Mao felt as though he had failed Hua Yi Liu. So after Hua Yi Liu returned to the fu, he frequently paid attention to her and showed concern. Seeing her suddenly stop moving her chopsticks, he said in a small voice, "Or is it that you do not feel well?"

"It's nothing." Hua Yi Liu's face was still sickly pale as she smiled at Hua Qing Mao. She bent her head and continued to eat the food that was not suited at all to her tastes. After experiencing so many events, she was used to the cold treatment of other people. It was not important that her food was not appetizing.

After the divorce, she now lived along in a yard in the assistant minister fu. Because of her mother's coldness towards her, the servants who served in the yard were neglectful. If it wasn't for Hua Qing Mao, her younger brother's constant concern, she, the di miss of the assistant minister fu would probably be abused by the servants.