65

Chapter Sixty-Five: Snowy Night

Yan Jin Qiu had never seen Hua Xi Wan being so cruel to another female. In his impression, she was usually very lazy, elegant, or indifferent. But no matter the time, she was always beautiful, as though the shortcomings of her personality had nothing to do with her.

But suddenly, when this woman showed her shrewish side, and was fighting viciously against someone else, he had a feeling that he was being protected by this woman.

It really was... a strange feeling.

There was near and far in relationships between people. He also had his close and distant relationships. After the times in the past when this elder sister of his had damaged the reputation and power of Xian Wang Fu for a man again and again, this jiejie was just a stranger to him. Now his wang fei was fighting with this sister who ranked lower than a stranger, so he naturally helped his wang fei. What more was there to say about that?

"The people say that Xian Wang Fei is a female calamity. I had thought that you would not be bewitched by beauty, but it seems that I had too high an opinion of you. You are just the same as other men." Yan Jin Ling was extremely furious and she did not consider her words before speaking them. The reason why she dared to speak like this was because she and Yan Jin Qiu were born of the same mother. In the past, she had done so many things, but Yan Jin Qiu was able to tolerate her. Now, he would do the same.

"For a woman like this who only has beauty, who is jealous and unvirtuous, you do not consider any fraternal affection. When it is the anniversary of Mother's death, with what face will you go to see her?" Yan Jin Ling also held anger. When Mother had been sick, the cefei in the wang fu had risen against her due to the favor she held. In order to protect her younger brother, her mother had begged the Empress Dowager to raise him in the palace. However, she, the daughter, had been left in the wang fu to see that favored cefei show off.

Then Mother passed due to sickness. Didi became the shizi of the wang fu, and the cefei and the son she had birthed lost favor with her father. However, her good father and brother did not care for her happiness and wanted to marry her to a young master of a prestigious family. She rebelled and she succeeded. However, people said that her father died due to his anger towards her.

Presently, her husband had been assassinated and no one would defend her. They accused her as the culprit of her husband's murder, and even her sister-in-law dared to bully her! Hua shi was just the daughter of a prestigious family, but she dared to bully a female of the Imperial Family. This was taking advantage of one's status to bully others!

Hua Xi Wan laughed rather than get angry about Yan Jin Ling calling her a female calamity. "Jiejie, you schemed against your didi at every turn for a man, you even stubbornly had your marriage when your father-wang was sick—do you have the face to see Mother?"

"Shut your mouth, you whore!" Yan Jin Ling pointed at Hua Xi Wan's nose and scolded. "He favored a concubine and neglected Mother then. What is there about a man like that for me to feel guilty about?"

"Of course a man like that is not worth it, but is your didi not worth it?" Hua Xi Wan gripped Yan Jin Ling's wrist. "Even if you have the right to pursue your own happiness, and there is no obligation for you to sacrifice yourself for you didi, you cannot damage your own brother in order to pursue your own happiness. Or is it that it is not permitted for you to sacrifice for your didi but it is right for your didi to sacrifice for you?"

She pushed aside Yan Jin Ling's hand. Hua Xi Wan watched as the other stumbled back before she steadied herself and said in a cold voice, "How can there be such a good matter in the world, for others to sacrifice when you need it, and for you to question it when other people have needs? You think you are a goddess, and everyone in the world should let you have your way?!"