47

Chapter Forty-Seven: Clear

Hua Xi Wan did not think that Yan Jin Qiu would react like this. She blinked and could not find anything appropriate to say.

While she did not speak, it did not mean that Yan Jin Qiu did not have things to say. He played with her fingers and said, "Actually, when the Emperor decreed our marriage, my joy was greater than my anger."

Hua Xi Wan looked at him and did not speak. She smiled.

"Compared to the Hou Family female that Yan Bo Yi married that only has the reputation but none of the real power, Yi'an Marquis Fu is much more noble than the Hou Clan." When Yan Jin Qiu said this, he smiled disdainfully. "They always think that a person like me would desire to be matched with a peerless beauty. So he match made me for nothing else except for me to be at odds with Yi'an Marquis Fu."

Hua Xi Wan took her hands away from Yan Jin Qiu's hands and smiled sarcastically. "I had not expected for you to think so much."

"Did you never think about it?" Yan Jin Qiu did not object to Hua Xi Wan's roll of the eyes. He crowded down next to her to sit. "The day that we married, when I was taking the veil off, I made a great decision. Even if your features were disfigured, I would treat you well. Because if it wasn't for me, you would not have been pulled into this conflict. With Yi'an Marquis Fu's reputation and authority, you could find a man who could be good to you for a lifetime, and not have to marry into the Imperial Family and possibly receive the laughter of other people due to your appearance."

Hua Xi Wan bent her head and played with a cat's eye stone. She did not speak and listened carefully to his inner thoughts.

"When I lifted the veil and saw your appearance, I was not as calm as I appeared." Yan Jin Qiu touched her hair and sighed. He said, "Sometimes, I wish that your appearance could be slightly more ordinary."

"My apologies that I do not have a face that can change." Hua Xi Wan slapped his hand aside and then scornfully moved away from him. "I haven't even disdained you for attracting so much attention, and you dare mention my appearance?"

"I do not disdain it. I just feel worry." Yan Jin Qiu grabbed her hand. "I do not feel secure inside. Can you understand this feeling?"

Hua Xi Wan stared at him for a long time before smiling and shaking her head. "So sorry, I do not seem to understand."

Seeing her like this, Yan Jin Qiu's heart relaxed. He also had a smile. "If you do not understand, there will be a day that I will have you understand."

From the outside, footsteps deliberately sounded loudly. A while later, the two heard Mu Tong asking to have an audience with them.

"Come in." Yan Jin Qiu and Hua Xi Wan neatened their clothing and adornments before sitting down on the chaise. The pile of precious stones was swept to the side.

"Wang Ye, Wang Fei, this small one caught a suspicious servant girl in the fu. What to do?" Mu Tong understood that it was Wang Fei's servant girl who had reported about Xiao Yu to him. If he did not mention this in front of Wang Ye and Wang Fei, that would be too dumb.

"Servant girl?" Hua Xi Wan raised an eyebrow. "Where does she serve?"

"Wang Fei, this Xiao Yu used to be a cleaning servant outside the study. A while back, she was sent to the second gate to serve," Mu Tong said respectfully. "According to this small one's investigation, this Xiao Yu was sold into the fu a few years ago, and is very honest and obedient usually."

"In this world, the people who look the most honest are usually the most evil," Yan Jin Qiu said neutrally. "Since she is not willing to confess, then question her well. She will say something."