43

Chapter Forty-Three: Showing Love

Hou shi seemed not to care about what the Empress Dowager had said. She said with a smile, "Imperial Grandmother, I think that with Xian Wang Ye's love toward Xian Wang Fei, he would not bear for her to feel any hardship."

"This is good, this is good." The Empress Dowager looked at Yan Jin Qiu with a smile. "In their entire life, women just want to have good days. If the husband gives more love and care, that is right."

Hou shi lowered her face, her smile still the same. "Imperial Grandmother is right."

Hua Xi Wan looked at Hou shi and looked at the Empress Dowager whose face was crinkled in a smile. She learned a new skill—namely, to remain unchanging when encountering all changes. No matter what moves you have, I will not move. This was the best plan.

She felt that there were many things she had to learn. Even now, she could not grasp the moves of the Empress Dowager who was like a thousand year old fox. This one would not play according to rationality and would occasionally give sneak attacks that people could not guard against.

She only hoped that this person's like for Yan Jin Qiu was true. Otherwise, if she was tripped up, she wouldn't even know how she was tripped up.

Yan Jin Qiu smiled at the Empress Dowager. When Hua Xi Wan wasn't paying attention, he pinched her finger and Hua Xi Wan glared at him.

The Empress Dowager noticed their little movements and said with a smile, "Seeing you juniors have good relationships, I, this old woman, feel happy inside."

Hou shi had a smile on her face as she turned to look at Yan Bo Yi beside her. Her heart suddenly felt empty. People were probably like this. She had clearly been very satisfied before that he only had two tongfang and no other women. Compared to the other people of the Imperial Family, he was unusually considerate. But now that she saw Hua Xi Wan and Yan Jin Qiu in great harmony, and Yan Jin Qiu being so considerate to Hua Xi Wan and not having any other woman, she felt that she still hadn't gotten enough. It would be wonderful if Junwang Ye could be as considerate as Xian Wang.

"Tang Sao?" Hua Xi Wan saw that Hou shi was wandering off in her thoughts and called her in a light voice. "Imperial Grandmother is asking you what you recently like to eat."

"Imperial Grandmother, grandson-wife does not have any preferences, and likes eating sweet, sour and spicy." Hou shi smiled gratefully at Hua Xi Wan and then said, "Like today, I like eating sour, and tomorrow spicy. Even I do not know what is going on with my tastes."

"It is good fortune to be able to eat. Now that you are pregnant, you are eating for two. If you couldn't eat, wouldn't your body collapse?" The Empress Dowager had not had a child but she had seen many pregnant women in the palace, so she knew a lot about what to pay attention to during pregnancy. After she told all this to Hou shi, she said, "The first child of a woman is very important and you have to hold it. As long as you can give birth to your first child, the other children will come quickly and smoothly like dumplings into a pot, one after the next. If you cannot keep your fist, you won't just harm your body, you will have routine miscarriages. At that time, nothing can be done even if you cry. "

"Grandson-wife will remember Imperial Grandmother's words." Hou shi had just discovered that she was pregnant and had not asked yet about many things. Hearing the Empress Dowager say this, she instantly became nervous and her hand unconsciously moved to her belly.

Hua Xi Wan saw her nervous state and sighed inside on her behalf. Even though she had not interacted many times with Hou shi, she knew that Hou shi was an extremely intelligent woman who did not lack in appearance, skill, posture and body. If she was a man, she would take very good care of a woman like this because if you were good to her, she would be good to you in a manner where she would cut out her heart for you.