81

Chapter Eighty-One: Truth and Lies

The next day, Mu Tong delivered the things to the fu of the Third Master Hua in the morning. He received a bout of grateful speech as well as a pair of slippers personally embroidered by Second Miss Hua for Hua Xi Wan. The slippers were covered with fine brocade and embroidered with beautiful flower patterns. Even though Mu Tong had seen much finery, he had to admit that this pair was really beautiful and the person who had made them had used great effort.

After returning to the wang fu, Mu Tong narrated what had occurred at the Third Master Hua's fu and also presented the embroidered slippers that Hua Chu Yu had made for Hua Xi Wan.

"Such beautiful slippers." Hua Xi Wan opened the box and spoke with a smile. "Even at this time, Second Sister still thinks of making a pair of beautiful slippers for me."

Hearing this, Yan Jin Qiu smiled and said, "From your words, it seems that it isn't the first pair that your Second Sister has made for you?"

"Second Sister's embroidery is very good, whereas I was never interested in those things from a very young age. So whenever she had the free time, Second Sister would make clothing and slippers for me. But now she is about to be married and still thinks of me." Hua Xi Wan held the slippers and thought of how Hua Chu Yu had treated her like a full-blooded sister ever since she had saved Hua Chu Yu from the pond. After so many years, this was still the case.

Yan Jin Qiu nodded. It was not good for him to have more opinions about the womenfolk of the Hua Family, but he still noted who was sincere towards Hua Xi Wan and who was not. "Her treating you like this does not fail how much you think of her."

Hua Xi Wan laughed. Yan Jin Qiu's words were biased and considered just from her point of view. But she understood. For Yan Jin Qiu, she was his wang fei. He would naturally use his own perspective to judge whether other people were good or not.

This was probably how all people were. She would not be so proud if Yan Jin Qiu was not good enough towards her family. She smiled helplessly and said, "One needs to use true emotion to protect the relationship between sisters. No one is willing to give true emotions and receive false ones. I have many years of sisterly affection with Second Sister and naturally want to reciprocate."

"I heard that Second Sister has an engagement with the shizi of Marquis He Wen?" Yan Jin Qiu seemed to suddenly remember this and said, "He Wen Shizi could be considered to be someone sincere in Jing. It is a good choice for her to marry him."

Hua Xi Wan looked suspiciously at Yan Jin Qiu. Were these words lies or sincere? The Marquis He Wen's Lin Family was the paternal family of the Crown Princess. Wasn't Yan Jin Qiu worried that Hua Chu Yu would marry into the Lin Family?

Her gaze was too direct, and Yan Jin Qiu saw her thoughts with a glance. He reached with an index finger to poke her forehead. "The Lin Family has been honest and true for many generations, and cares about the people. They are respected by the people. Lin Zheng De is young but accomplished. He has a pure and just mind. He isn't a lusty person. A person like this is one who can match your second sister."

Honest and true, cares about the people.

Young and accomplished, with a pure and just mind.

Hua Xi Wan recalled how much the Empress had disliked the Crown Princess and thought of a possibility. It was possible that the Lin Family was not satisfied with the Crown Prince's conduct, so after the Crown Princess had married, the Lin Family was still on distant terms with the Crown Prince's faction. That was why the Empress had such an attitude towards the Crown Princess.