46

Chapter Forty-Six: Change in Opinion

When Hua Xi Wan returned to the wang fu, she recalled the children in Lin Ping Junzhu Fu and felt slightly uncomfortable. She did not like Lin Ping Junzhu, but she had different opinions about the children.

"Bai Xia, prepare some plentiful gifts and send them to the junzhu fu." Hua Xi Wan felt as though her heart was suffocating. "Children are innocent."

"Yes." Bai Xia detected that her mistress' expression was not right and did not ask many questions. She turned and prepared to find gifts for children.

"Bai Xia Jie." Hong Ying met Bai Xia as she came down the corridor with tea and refreshments. Seeing the other have a serious expression, she asked worriedly, "What happened?"

"Nothing." Bai Xia smiled faintly and shook her head. She then said in a low voice, "Mistress might not be in a good mood; serve her carefully." She did not understand what was going on, but it definitely had something to do with Lin Ping Junzhu Fu.

"Don't worry, Wang Ye returned to the fu just now. I heard Chief Steward Mu say that his expression is well." Hong Ying whispered next to Bai Xia's ear, "Maybe he will come shortly."

Bai Xia glared at her. "Do not speak nonsense." Seeing Hong Ying's expression become moderate, she said, "Did you forget the example of Lu Zhu?"

"I don't have the kind of thoughts that she did," Hong Ying muttered, but her expression became serious. As a servant, no matter how much face they had, it was given to them by their master. If their master did not have face, what benefit would they get?

Just as the two finished speaking, they saw Wang Ye walking in this direction. They hurriedly moved to the side, bowed their heads and curtsied.

Yan Jin Qiu strode past them into the room. When he entered, he saw that Hua Xi Wan's expression was dim. He walked next to her and asked in a light voice, "What is it?"

"I do not feel good thinking about Lin Ping Junzhu's two children." Hua Xi Wan forced a smile. With their present relationship, if she and Yan Jin Qiu had children in the future, she didn't know how much hardship her children would experience. If she could not give the children a good environment, it was better not to have them.

"So that is what it is. Those two have nursemaids and servants to take care of them. In their education, they will have teachers or etiquette mistresses. Who would dare to neglect them?" Yan Jin Qiu was not concerned because he had grown up in this way. "If you are worried, you can just prepare some things that children use and send them over."

Hearing this, Hua Xi Wan nodded. She saw that there were faint shadows under his eyes and pressed her fingers to the corner of his eye. "Did you now rest well last night?" Last night, Yan Jin Qiu had rested in the study, so Hua Xi Wan did not know when he went to sleep. However, seeing Yan Jin Qiu not react at all and allowing her to touch the corner of his eye, Hua Xi Wan had complicated feelings. Normal people would unconsciously put a hand up when other people came near their eyes. Yan Jin Qiu's response meant that either he really thought of her as someone close, or that he was able to act at such a high level.

Yan Jin Qiu gripped her hand and pressed it to the side of his face. He laughed soundlessly and said, "Nothing, there were some matters last night, so I slept later." Finishing, he looked pleadingly at Hua Xi Wan. "It is not comfortable sleeping in the study."

Seeing this, Hua Xi Wan reached out with her other hand to pat his head. "Then I will have the servants put down a softer mattress."

Seeing her act dumb, Yan Jin Qiu gathered her up in his arms. "No, even the softest mattress is not as comfortable as where you sleep."