4

Chapter Four: Dazzling The Eyes

Yan Jin Qiu felt that he had pulled the veil off so quickly that he dazzled his eyes.

The room was deathly silent. The taijian that attended Yan Jin Qiu, Mu Tong, saw that the entire room of people did not make a sound and was so frightened he did not dare to breathe. He also didn't dare to look in the direction of Wang Fei. He didn't know what kind of glorious appearance Junwang Fei had that she managed to shock the entire room.

A long moment later, the joy attendant found her voice again. She took the joy stick from Yan Jin Qiu's hand with a smile, and said in a slightly trembling voice, "Congratulations Junwang Ye, congratulations Junwang Fei. Good wishes for Junwang Ye and Junwang Fei to grow until the hair turns white, children and grandchildren filling the halls." She had acted as the joy attendant for many marriages of prestigious and influential families, but she had never seen such a beautiful bride before. She felt she was seeing a goddess from the paintings, and even she, this half-old woman, felt her heart beat faster.

Mu Tong could hear that the tone of the joy attendant was normal and peeked at Junwang Ye who was in the front and to the left of him. However, he could only see the slightly smiling face of Junwang Ye and could not judge if his master was happy or disappointed. Mu Tong dropped his head. With this movement, he coincidentally saw the red embroidered shoes on the feet of Junwang Fei. The shoes were embroidered with dragons and phoenixes playing with beads. This pair of feet appeared exceptionally pretty as the beads were made from fine pearls and the craftsmanship was also detailed.

Just as the room was in a deathly silence, the sound of footsteps came from outside the door. Yan Jin Qiu looked at the half-closed door and stepped forward to block Hua Xi Wan behind him.

"Today is Xian Junwang's day of great joy. If ben gong does not come to spectate, it would not be fun." Princess Rui He was wearing a luxurious long dress embroidered with phoenixes. Before she even entered, low laughter passed through into the room. When she came in with her servant girls, she swept a look towards the bed. However, she only saw the bright red dress of the bride. She covered a smile at the corner of her mouth with her handkerchief and said, "You do not bear to let us look?"

Then she reached and pulled the hand of Min Huai Junzhu who had come in with her. Princess Rui He patted Min Huai Junzhu's hand with a smile. "Look at Xian Junwang. She has just entered the door and he knows to care for the bride."

Min Huai Junzhu was not of age and clearly had been pulled here by Princess Rui He to spectate. But she really did not have the bravery to casually speak in a situation like this.

"Imperial Elder Sister is joking." Yan Jin Qiu had a faint smile as he bowed towards Princess Rui He. "My wife is shy, and embarrassed when she meets many people."

Princess Rui He smiled but did not make any further actions to see the appearance of the bride. She considerately stepped back to the side to an angle where she could not see Hua Xi Wan. "Since that is the case, I will not disturb you from your rest." Her tone was calm as though she was only coming here to fulfill her duty as an elder female cousin and did not have any other intentions.

She naturally could see that Yan Jin Qiu was unwilling to let people see the bride in this kind of state. Therefore, she had confidence in the rumors. She said a few more words and took Min Huai Junzhu back outside. When she left the yard and no one was around, the smile on her face gradually faded.

She looked indifferently at Min Huai Junzhu beside her who had a dazed expression. Princess Rui He's tone was slightly aloof. "Now that Xian Junwang has a wang fei, your marriage should be next."