20

Chapter Twenty: Drink in Her Stead

When the main guests arrived, Princess Rui He personally led the guests to see the scenery at the estate. In Hua Xi Wan's view, the estate that had been decorated in a grand manner was not as beautiful as the other furen said, but she still cooperated and gave sighs of surprise.

After admiring the exquisiteness of the estate, the game of throwing into the jar that both males and females could participate in started. Hua Xi Wan looked at the long and thin jar, and then at the male and female guests who were rubbing their hands eagerly. She tried to make her expression more excited.

"We are old, so we'll just watch you young people play." Xu Wang Fei and the older female guests indicated that it would be enough for them to sit at the side and be judges. The other people did not have objections since it was the young people who liked playing this game. Those older did not have good enough vision and could not throw the arrow into the mouth of the jar.

Princess Rui He was the mistress and she should let the guest go first, but because she was the only daughter of the Holy One and was favored, naturally no one tried to compete with her to go first. After a few rounds of letting the other go first, Princess Rui He threw the first arrow. The arrow brushed against the mouth of the jar and almost dropped in.

"Oh, almost." Princess Rui He clapped and took an arrow from a servant girl. She turned and swept the crowd with her gaze, then presented the arrow to Hua Xi Wan. "Tang Dimei is a new wife—you should throw the second arrow. However, if you do not get it in, the punishment is a cup of wine." When she said this, Princess Rui He smiled ambiguously at the male guests who were standing at the side. "If someone doesn't bear for her to be punished, they can substitute for her and drink three cups."

Hua Xi Wan took the arrow and shook her head with a smile. She said, "This is not good." Finishing, she walked forward a few steps and threw the arrow crisply at the jar.

The arrow hit the jar and then landed at the side.

"Dixi does not have as good a skill as Imperial Sister." Hua Xi Wan sighed and then turned to look at Yan Jin Qiu.

"My wife is not good at drinking wine. Let me drink the three cups for her." Yan Jin Qiu walked forward next to Hua Xi Wan. He bowed towards Princess Rui He with a faint smile. "Please, Imperial Sister, have mercy."

Princess Rui He rubbed her palms together and smiled. "I just knew someone would take care of his wife. Come, pour wine for Xian Junwang."

The wine was quickly presented. Three cups the size of a woman's fist were filled to the brim with wine. Yan Jin Qiu did not prevaricate, reaching out and throwing his head back to drain the first cup. He used his index finger to wipe away the drop at the corner of his mouth. He laughed lowly and said, "Good win." Finishing, he smiled at Hua Xi Wan and then drained the second cup.

When the womenfolk saw this, they laughed and said how much he cared for his wang fei. There were those who felt admiration, but they only thought about it, and on the surface, they only showed warmth.

Min Huai Junzhu watched as Yan Jin Qiu unhesitatingly drank three cups of wine for Hua Xi Wan, and couldn't help but feel a thread of discontent and anger. Other than having some beauty, what part of this woman was a match for Xian Junwang? She clearly knew that if she did not hit the target, Xian Junwang would have to drink on her behalf, yet she had been so uncaring. She really was hateful.

After the three cups of wine went down, Yan Jin Qiu's expression did not change. He gracefully took the arrow that Princess Rui He handed him. Under the eyes of the crowd, he easily threw the arrow into the jar.