Dinner Payments

The day was spent with the haste of meetings and the thought of 'The Dinner Meeting'. Maya barged into my office.

"Why are you still here?"

"Where else would you suggest I should be, if not working on the projects and other stuff?" I spoke.

She continued as if I didn't respond to her irrelevant question.

"it's already 7, don't you have a dinner meeting?"

"Yeah! So? Come to the point Maya, I don't have time, I have to read these reports" She growled

"Don't you have to get ready for your meeting?" and she started messing with my well-organized files.

I snatched the files back and placed them in their correct position.

"Since when you became so interested with the meetings and stuff I thought, you thought these are the boring things. Besides I am ready for the meeting, I have prepared everything even contacted Mr Shubham for the initial contract papers, which he just sent" I spoke as I replaced the files at their original place.

"Well firstly, not referring to those things I knew you would be prepared by the first thing in the morning. Secondly, I still think these are freakishly boring stuff, and finally don't change the topic, what I meant was, you need time to freshen up and change, it will take time and it is the rush hour you'll get traffic" she folded her arms with the last sentence.

Her classic intimidating postures sure works on everyone even sometimes on Kriti but as usual not me.

"I know about traffic and it will hardly take 10 minutes for me to freshen up and what's wrong with my clothes?" I looked at my clothes.

I was wearing light pastel pink pants with a white round neck t-shirt and matching shoes with my outfit.

"You are looking like a college student instead of a C.E.O who is going to get that deal done. Besides, that is 'some restaurant' because for my anniversary I have to book our table in advance as it is the busiest restaurant and also it would be great if you once follow the dressing etiquettes for dinner" she said.

I gulped that piece of information as the poison because I was feeling great in these clothes and also, I never got the point in getting ready to eat a coin-sized food at the cost of jewels.

"Fine, I'll change, and also what do you suggest your highness! What should I wear?" I said sarcastically because I know she gets irritated with this kind of stuff.

We still remember her wedding shopping, which is something that I never intend to do again. We love her the way she is and so does her husband, Mann.

"Wear whatever but not pants or jeans." She waved her hands like she was a designer. To this I said mockingly "Of course me being jeans-less is a great idea" and I started laughing.

And just to add more tension Kriti came into my office and said "Why are you still here? You have a dinner meeting at Radisson with Ranveer" She air quoted her sentence.

I was about to reply to her just then Maya interjected.

"I was saying the same thing to her but she is not listening. And Trish I didn't mean jeans-less" just then Kriti interjected.

"Wait, wait ...Jeans-less Whoa! Things have escalated that much. And none of you bothered to tell me. I'm breaking up with you guys" I laughed and spoke.

"What's wrong with you two and what's with that escalation, Kriti?" I arched my eyebrow and looked towards them giving them NO. SHIT. Look.

To this Maya made a panicked face and cleared the mess by telling.