Meeting the Family

I was way too shocked to say anything. I just stood there like an idiot. What just happened here? I stared directly into his chocolate-brown eyes.

"You already met my wife. They are my son Ranveer and.." Mr. Bhatnagar didn't even finish.

"I'm Madhav and you already know that" Madhav spoke as he winked at me.

I just stood there in shock. Madhav put his hand in front of me to lead me to my chair which was beside him. I unconsciously followed his lead and sat beside him.

I just can't make up my mind about what just happened. I just need to calm down.

Deep breaths... Focus.Focus.Focus.

"Beta!" I jerked towards the lady and saw she was saying something.

"I am sorry. What were you saying, ma'am?" I said calmly.

"I asked your name beta?" while smiling she asked

"I am Trisha Bhatt. And I'm sorry for earlier." I said apologetically.

"Like from Aurora?" she asked again.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded.

"Oh beta, Mrs. Bhatnagar or Rashmika or Aunty anything would work. And that's why you seemed familiar. Although I have only seen you once in December as you were going for some meeting I guess at Radisson."

"And you are never there in the picture of your company's articles? There is either your MD or creative head. That's why it took me a while to place the resemblance" I widened my eyes in shock.

I quickly saw it towards Ranveer who was just as calm as ever.

Shit man, how is he so calm. Right, he is Ranveer. Of course, he has to be calm. Now see what I can do.

"I like to concentrate on improving my product and company. I want people to recognize me for my work. And yes, Ma'am, you have seen right. I was there for a dinner meeting with Mr. Ranveer." I said as I looked at him.

"You were his very important meeting" Mrs. Bhatnagar was shocked as she looked at her son and then at me.

"You are the one working with him for the past half a year" Madhav was shocked too. T hen he changed his expression to a smirk.

I was confused about how this thing backfired. They are supposed to ask him, not me.

"Well, I'm sure R.V. is working on many projects as well as ours."

"Guys, let's not go overboard. We are all here to celebrate our wedding anniversary, not questioning Miss Bhatt." Mr. Bhatnagar said whereas Ranveer sat quietly like he was observing something.

"How do you know her?" He asked Madhav directly although his tone was calm and sweet. Yet his eyes were telling a different story like he is angry or something.

He said to her like it was a curse or something.

And what did he mean by her? I have a name. Maybe I am thinking too much.

I should drink water to calm myself and find some excuse to leave as soon as possible.

Ughh!! Why is no one calling me?

"This is the beautiful lady I mentioned in the morning who saved me on the flight. She gave me CPR, you know that mouth-to-mouth oxygen one." Madhav said with triumph in his smile.
Ranveer was so shocked that he sprinkled all the water or drink on me as I was sitting in front of him. He coughed badly.

"Oh shit! I'll just go to the restroom" I got up and went straight to the restroom while I asked the waiter for directions.

"Ugh! Shouldn't have come out," I said while I washed. I'll just leave now.