Cheated

His point of view

As we sat on the bench, I sat beside her.

She looked beyond tired; I just want her to feel a little comfortable and relaxed around me.

I stretched my arms and she leaned towards me as she rested her head on my chest and her breaths were rhythmic.

She is fast asleep; I used my hand and pulled her a little close so that she could fully lean in.

I don't know why but I like the way she leans in. That's why I didn't stop her on the plane when she leaned in.

I thought I was just curious about her earlier but now it feels different.

The great Trisha Bhatt, the badass queen as she was called in the business circle, cried in front of me.

When I saw her a few hours ago, standing and tears falling out of her eyes but she didn't cry she just stood there. She looked like she was losing hope.

And when I hugged her I thought she would push me away but she didn't she buried her face in me and cried. I don't know what took over me.

I kissed her head.

Well, it's not the first time I saw her crying though. I remembered that encounter pretty well because I was meeting with the person who could take me to heights or would have left me to struggle.

It is cloudy now and I think it's going to rain. I forgot to bring my umbrella. Hopefully, I'll reach the office before it starts raining.

My phone was buzzing in my pocket, so I picked up the call.

"Hey, dude! How did it go? Please tell me he agreed." Tarun asked me on the phone more of shouted.

"Yeah! Mr Ravi Bhatnagar is officially on our team and why wouldn't he be? After all, he gave us a task and we did it pretty amazing." I said as I entered the lift.

"Tell me in detail" The lift door opened and a girl entered.

She has those similar and pretty eyes like that girl in college. I smiled to myself thinking about her.

"Well, I'll tell you when I meet you in the office." I disconnected the call without hearing his reply.

She was holding way too many things: a bouquet, a gift box, and her bag hanging from her shoulder which was open and overloaded.

She had a phone to her ear while her hands were full.

She disconnected the call but still held her phone with the help of her face and shoulder.

"Um.. do you need any help? Miss" I asked as there were only two of us in the lift.

"Yes please, can you take this phone?" she turned and smiled.

Yes, she is the same as what her name was, yes Trisha Bhatt.

She turned out to be way more pretty than she was in college. Her hair was in soft curls and she was wearing a white outfit with a blue jacket. She looked pretty amazing.

"Big day!" I asked her as I took the phone and kept it in her purse as she instructed.

"Thank you. Yes, it is. My theory worked and going to propose to my boyfriend." She smiled all cheery. That bummed me a little.

"Congratulations, miss," I said.

I don't know why I felt a little awkward and hurt.

"Do you work here too?" she asked.