The Dance

People were enjoying the party. I met some of my old partners with whom I worked directly.

I went to my parents. They were eating and I tasted something from their plates.

"I am so proud of you Ladoo, you didn't break the flow of your speech" my father laughed.

"Thank you, papa," I replied in complete mockery.

Now because of my speech, people were coming to me instead of going to Maya or Kriti as now they know my face.

They are approaching me now. That's why I hated these kinds of things.

No time for myself.

"It was almost 11:45, Trisha, your father needs rest, so we are leaving. Are you coming with us?" Mumma said as I came back to our table.

"Maa, are you worrying about extra charges for the driver?" I said to her as I knew that's the main reason.

"Yes, that too but he put a lot of stress while chatting with your co-workers and partners and he danced too," she said looking at Papa as if he was talking to somebody.

"Okay, but call me when you reach home" I went to Papa and maa called Priyam and I hugged them bye and they went home.

I came back and joined my friends' table "Uncle and Aunty went home, that early?" Kriti asked.

"Yep, I'll be going soon too" We watched Mann and Maya dancing along with other couples.

Saarthak was dancing with someone too; I think I have seen her somewhere.

Oh gosh, why can't I remember faces?

"What? You didn't even enjoy anything, you know dancing and all" She wiggled her eyebrows as she finished her sentence.

"Don't tell me your sole purpose of taking charge of this party was to fulfill your dream of being asked for a dance?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Well, a girl can dream! And, don't tell me watching all those movies, you never wanted a man to ask you for a dance?" she asked me, raising an eyebrow.

I took a drink from the nearby waiter.

"Sure yeah, I always wanted to have that experience, when someone locks eyes with me across the hall and approaches me for a dance. But you know what, firstly, we live in India, secondly, I always have a resting bitch face and thirdly I don't know how to dance" I said sipping my drink, which was some mocktail.

"Agreed on that, I seriously wish for a prom kind of party to happen here but on the other hand, I second guess it, because no one will even dare to ask us because we are kind of unapproachable, totally agreed" She drank something too.

"Why are you thinking like that, you are one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen, and bonus point you don't have a resting bitch face," I said as I tried to cheer her up.

"Agreed, you do have the resting bitch face, Trish, and because of that I thought of being friends with you." she said and we both laughed.

Madhav popped out of nowhere.

"Ladies, I don't think you are unapproachable, instead, I feel you are way too strong for these shitheads. That's why they think you are too much"

"Spoken like a gentleman" I raised a toast to him.

Just then Tarun, Ranveer, and Ranveer's assistant came to sit with us.

Just like me, Akash doesn't like to attend these parties, I wish he was here, I could have finished some work.