Luggage

Her point of view

It's been a week since the accident. Papa is recovering well. I did all my work from the hospital as I stayed with him all the time.

I am seriously craving a long soothing bath. I didn't get time to go to my apartment.

Maa and Priyam are at our old house. Now as Papa is allowed to go home we are taking him there.

As we reached home, we led Papa to his room as he was resting there. All three of us are doing our work, Maa is cooking something and well Priyam is studying and I am busy with my office emails.

I clicked on an email regarding the party. The party is this weekend and I don't have a clue about the party. Hell, I don't even know if I will be going or not.

We ate dinner and talked about general stuff. Maa is not coping with the trauma that well but she is trying her best.

That's why Priyam and I decided to stay.

After dinner, I wash the dishes because apparently, it's my turn. My schedule has remained the same since the accident.

I did all my work from home via laptop. I was almost on the laptop for 9-10 hours because of our new office in Finland.

Papa is doing amazing. His wounds are healing well but he is ordered to stay in bed till the doctor says so.

Because Priyam is a doctor too, so papa can't revolt although he is on the edge because of this.

"Trisha, will you just tell your sister? I am fine and she can leave me alone." Papa protests, while she simply serves us our breakfast.

I saw between Priyam and Papa, these are the dangerous waters that I don't want to cross ever because these two are simply dangerous.

"Priyam, tell Maa I'll be going to the office since he is saying to leave him alone," I said without looking away from my laptop. Priyam went out to inform Maa about me.

"You traitor, I changed your diapers and now you are leaving me here all alone with your mother and sister. We are supposed to be a team" Papa said way too dramatically.

"Well, we are a team. But since your car crashed and I need you to have a new one and for that. I have to do extra work and I have a lot of work since it's almost the third week away from the office." I said mockingly.

"Baby girl, don't tire yourself. It's okay if we don't have a car. We can always use public transport just like old times."

"I know, papa but I want you to have everything that you sacrificed for us" As soon as I finished papa pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

I hugged Maa and went to the office.

As I entered my office building the receptionist glanced at me and got back to work but suddenly she stood up.

"How can I help you?" Well, what can I say half the staff doesn't know me.

"Um.. nothing" smiled in return. Before she could say something, that old chirpy receptionist came.

"Good morning, ma'am" I smiled and went to my office.

Is she new? Ugh, I don't know what a shame. I don't know my employees. I went straight to my office.

Akash came in as soon as I sat on my chair. I gestured for him to sit.

"Good morning Trish, here is the list you asked for. I was just confirming it." He handed me a file.