Lift and Fight

Chuckling he left the dining area. Making me more frustrated, then the idea clicked as I had decided to give a check to his assistant.

Smiling in triumph, I left the dining area "Ranveer-0 Trisha-1" while coming out.

I remember that I have to book a cab.

My phone showed 15 minutes until the cab arrived, with this dispute with Ranveer I forgot to book the cab earlier otherwise I would have been in the cab right now.

I thought of wandering outside. Just when the doorman opened the door I stepped outside, the chilly wind made my senses work again as I remembered that the winters of Delhi are way too terrible.

A shiver ran through me and I regretted the idea of wearing a skirt to this meeting.

A car honked which brought me back to reality. I turned to see the car.

It was a black Audi. The window rolled down and it was Ranveer.

"Where is your car? Or do you usually like to be cold?" gesturing towards my bare legs as I was still shivering.

"Waiting for my cab and who likes to be cold?" A ping sound came from my hand as I was just about to call my cab for his whereabouts.

Just when I checked my phone the cab was cancelled.

"What the heck is happening with me?" I groaned loudly while cursing in my mind simultaneously.

"What's wrong?" with genuine expressions he asked.

"Well, my cab cancelled to pick me up. And have to book another one and also have to wait in this chilly night." I said with tension rising as there was no cab near me and when I found one it was almost 40 minutes away.

But there was a lot of traffic on his route so I cancelled it and started searching for another one.

"Well, if you don't mind, I could give you a ride" he was asking genuinely this time as I observed him.

"I don't even know you. Also, I don't ride with strangers. What if you are some kind of stalker or psycho?"

"I can't believe you, seriously you are me asking these questions, ME. We are going to do a lot of business together. Besides, do you know all cab drivers?" with these remarks I remember that I have already made a mess, no need to make another one.

"No, I don't know all cab drivers but why are you asking me about that?" I was so curious about this that I almost forgot that I was still standing on a footpath but I realized it as soon as the chilly wind hit me and the shiver ran down my spine.

"For god's sake! Miss Bhatt got in the damn car" he said in full authority.

I quickly thought about my other options.

I glanced at my watch as it was already 10. If I asked Kriti or Maya to pick me up it would take at least an hour to come.

Well, if anything happens, I know where he works but for my satisfaction let's note down the car number.

"Wait" I ran towards the front of the car and clicked a picture of his car's number plate and opened the passenger side door and sat on the seat.

The interior was amazing as it was all wooden and in contrast to the seats. The seats were pretty comfy as well.

He was watching my every moment like a hawk.

I quickly texted Maya and Kriti that 'Ranveer is driving me home and below is his number plate.' And sent the attachment to them.