Practice Surprise

My alarm buzzed on my nightstand. I was still sleepy as I rubbed my eyes to focus on the time it showed 5:30.

I dragged myself to get off the bed as I was unable to get some good sleep as I was busy thinking about the events that happened last night and slept late.

I quickly freshen up and changed my clothes to grey sweatpants and a sando with a jacket and took my phone, my water bottle and my keys and locked the apartment and went downstairs to do my exercises and also, I have to get my anger out without hurting anyone. So, this seemed like a good idea.

I entered the gym of my building. Greeted the owner of the gym.

"Hello Muzahid, good morning" he happens to be my partner in my exercises and my practice of close combat.

Being a huge fan of close combat, he also gives training to people here.

While the training was going on, I had a lot of bruises. Once I almost broke my ankle but was saved as Muzahid quickly retreated and gave me first aid and additional knowledge.

Since then, he has been my unofficial trainer. No one knows about this training even Maya and Kriti don't know.

"Morning Trisha," he said

"Are you up for a round?" I asked him just for a formality as I already know the answer is going to be yes as he never backed off when I challenged him.

"Can't do it today, Trisha. I have been reserved for someone else"

"What! At this time, and don't we work out together. Besides, it's your own time to work out and this is your gym" I said, totally pissed off at this moment.

"Well, the owner has booked so can't say no" then I remember he told me once that the owner of the building has rented this place to him with a clause added that he will get the priority.

"But the owner..." before I could finish my sentence, a familiar voice cut my sentence halfway.

"Muzahid I've changed, now shall we start if you have finished there. I thought I already booked you"

To my horror, I recognized the voice but just to be assured I turned around. The shock is written over my face. It was him; it was Ranveer.

"Sorry for the delay Mr Ranveer, she is Trisha, she is my trainee for close combat just like you. And this is her usual time for practice. That's why she is here" Muzahid explained everything to Ranveer.

"Muzahid it's just you or the whole gym is booked by Mr Ranveer'' hoping the answer to be non-affirmative. He answered me "no, you can use the equipment." With no regard to him, I left him and went to the area where all the equipment was kept.

To my surprise I noticed there was a punching bag, I turned towards Muzahid and I nodded in a thanks gesture as he kept it here for me to practice.

I quickly warmed up, put on my gloves, and started my workout.

I did my daily routine first. Firstly, I practiced my jabs with cross hooks, then I practiced my chain punches with all my power until I felt the sweat start trickling down from my neck to my lower back.

With my anger and frustration still left in me, I decided to clear my kicks as I practiced my low kicks and mid kicks until someone blocked me and stopped me by grabbing my hand.

I almost lost my balance but the grip was pretty firm around my elbow.

Just as I turned to stop Muzahid but it turned to be Ranveer.

I jerked myself away from his grip.

"What the hell!" I shouted at him.

"Stop it, are you crazy or something. At this pace you are gonna break your leg" he said gesturing towards my legs as I suddenly felt a little shaky.