College

Mom, Kriti, Mann and his kid Atharv and Akash all welcomed me and helped me get settled in my room.

Mom welcomed me with some hot soup as I rested in my bed.

Everybody was out in the hall, resting and talking to each other when Maya and Kriti came into my room and suddenly the atmosphere changed.

"So, work from home now onwards" I joked, to lighten the mood.

"So, start from the start," Kriti said.

"What exactly do you want to know," I asked them sincerely.

"Well firstly, why are you learning close combat?" Kriti asked.

"I don't know, Akash suggested it as a temper control remedy and you all noticed it worked. Besides, it feels good when you feel you have all the power you cannot be suppressed easily. Hence the confidence booster." They listened patiently and agreed.

"But you should have told us you know," Kriti said.

"Well, I would have but then you would be scared from my mere presence." I shrugged, making Kriti laugh as she threw a cushion from the couch in my face.

"Ouch! Dude, easy I am a patient now." I said in a low voice with a fake cough while I made a sick face.

Then we both noticed that Maya neither laughed nor said a word since she came in.

"Tell us, my child! What's bothering you?" I joked as she looked at me.

"Trish! Did you go to meet Saarthak? And barged into his office and acted like I don't know his girlfriend" she asked with tension building upon her face.

"Yes, to the meeting with Saarthak and no to the acting." Seeing the tension still there in her eyes.

"I was just there to give him a thank-you pizza as his P.A. told Akash he is not free and was busy in meetings that day. So I pulled a prank on him as barging into his meeting room and asked him 'How could he do this to me just that" I explained, smiling to myself as I remembered his expressions.

"Wait for a second, how do you know this? I mean no one except Akash knows as he booked my cab and you all left before me and then the hospital thing. How do you know this, Maya?" I asked her in total confusion.

"Remember when you asked me to leave you two alone today. I was talking to Tarun as he looked so exhausted as I thought the workload but he said and I quote 'the eligible bachelors are getting committed nowadays I am trying to find my special someone too'," Seeing us she continued.

"I said I didn't get your point, then he told me Ranveer and he was the person that Saarthak was meeting with and when you pulled your little stunt in front of them. They thought that you were his girlfriend as when they were leaving, they saw you hugging each other." She finished.

"I don't see any relevance between the two things, one: this misunderstanding and two: your tension. Tell me." I said to Maya.

"I am not finished yet, remember when you asked Tarun what he was doing at the party and was Ranveer with him." She raised her eyebrows as she was asking.

"Dude! only broken legs. No amnesia. So, continue." I raised my left eyebrow and pointed towards my cast.

"I know just confirming. So, my theory is he was there to ask you personally or to get a moment alone with you." Maya finished.

"How do you know this besides why would Tarun do that when he was talking to Kriti all time," I asked genuinely as I was getting confused with all this.

"You idiot, he is Ranveer. And I'm pretty sure about that because..." before she could finish it Kriti Interjected.

"Because she is obsessed with all the romantic movies and serials Trisha. Don't get worked up, these are just mere coincidences. You finish your soup and take your meds and sleep"