Accident

The plane landed around 3 in the morning and somehow it got delayed.

I collected my luggage and said goodbyes to Mr. and Mrs. Bhatnagar and Madhav as they had to go to Pune for work. Ranveer hugged them and chatted with them.

And I took the cue and left them as I headed toward the exit.

I switched on my phone. There were a lot of notifications on my phone. I opened the notifications to check the updates.

"So, Miss Bhatt, I should drop you. My car is here" Ranveer came up from behind with his luggage.

"What! No worries, Mr Ranveer I sure can find my way back home," I said as I saw messages from Maa.

"Yeah, I know that but my mom ordered me to send you home." He said.

As soon as I read the message I dropped to my knees and the mobile just dropped from my hands.

"Trisha, what happened, are you okay?"

"Trisha!"

This time Ranveer shook me vigorously and I came out of the trance.

"Can you take me to the Hans Hospital Please?"

He took my bag and called his driver to where we were standing. The driver came quickly and he instructed him to take us to the hospital.

"What happened Trisha?" he asked.

I neither can form the words nor can think of them. With strong willpower, I spoke.

"My father had been in an accident yesterday evening and his condition is pretty serious." I just couldn't contemplate anything.

As soon as we reached the hospital and the driver slowed the car.

I opened the door and got off from the moving car and just saved myself from hitting some bike.

I didn't care about anything at this moment.

I quickly ran into the hospital and asked the reception area for the room she directed me to the 3rd floor. I ran through the stairs.

As I reached the 3rd floor and turned left and saw my mom she had untreated wounds and blood all over her clothes.

"Maa!" I shouted as soon as she saw me she started crying. I hugged her.

"What happened maa, where is Papa?" She cried and cried.

"Maa, please tell me where he is?" I asked her again.

"He is in the operation theatre. We were driving back home when our car suddenly got hit by the truck," She said while crying.

"Shhh, stop crying. He will be fine maa, he is a strong man. Let's go and treat your wound first okay." I said as I tried to console her.

"No, I'm not leaving this seat until doctors come out and tell me he is fine." She said still weeping and praying to god.

She cried in my embrace after 15 minutes or so she finally stopped.

"Trisha, get up. Let the nurse do the examination" Ranveer said to me as he brought some nurse who was treating her wounds. Just when Priyam came and stopped at the corner and stood there.

When I went to her, she hugged me and started crying.

"Shhh baby, he is going to be fine. You have to be strong for her. Okay, stop crying baby" I tried to console Priyam.

"Trisha it's my fault, I was talking to Maa while they were driving. Forced him to speak to me which I guess diverted his mind and this accident happened. It's entirely my fault." She said while she cried.