Snuggled Crash

When exiting the hall I saw my employee, maybe a new one in my peripheral, who looked like she was gonna puke, was also rushing towards the door.

I was trying to get away before my shoelace became entangled with something and I was about to fall and shut my eyes but crashed into something hard.

But before I could contemplate anything, the scent hit my nostril and I opened my eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked while grabbing my waist and elbow to make me stable.

Everyone started to gather around to look at what happened.

"Yes, thank you" just when his grip loosened on my elbow and felt my body weight transfer to my legs.

I felt a shooting pain in my legs which made me lose my balance drastically and I was about to fall before Ranveer grabbed me from my waist.

"What happened?" I looked at the source of the voice. It was Maya "Why is he here?" she looked confused on seeing him but why.

"Bring a chair," Ranveer said in an authoritative voice, well more of an angry voice.

Why is he angry?

Even though he is in a white shirt and suspenders he looks amazing but a little tired as his hair is a mess.

Why am I still thinking of him? At this point, the pain is escalating and I am sweating like a pig.

"What is happening over here? Hey! Didn't you say 'he is not here?' Kriti looked towards Tarun.

"Shit, forget the chair. I am taking you to the hospital. Tarun get the car!" Ranveer looked at me with concerned eyes. My eyes started watering at this point.

"Oh god! Trisha, what happened? Are you okay?" Kriti looked at me.

I nodded before I could explain.

"Listen! I am gonna lift you and if you feel pain just tell me. Do you understand?" Ranveer asked

"I can walk," I countered.

"Trisha," he said my name in a soft voice.

"Now is not the time to act like a strong one and we both know you can't stand..." with this he pulled me to himself and grabbed my legs from knees with one hand and with another hand he lifted me from my shoulder blades.

"...Let alone walk!"

He took me in his embrace. Oh lord, my hands, what to do with them now?

He was rushing towards the door, shit my leg! I shut my eyes tight.

We reached the car. Kriti opened the door. He was trying to gently place me in the car but my foot brushed at the seat and the string of pain was felt up to my spine.

The intensity of pain was so high that I made my grip tighter.

"I am sorry! Look at me, Trisha deep breaths, take deep breaths" Ranveer looked worried and concerned.

Looking at me and taking deep breaths with me as well, to calm me down.

On taking several deep breaths, I felt his breath on my face. He was standing too close to me because I was gripping his shirt's collar.

I released his collar quickly and he placed me in the back seat.

"Umm...Sorry!" he ignored me and rushed to the front passenger seat whereas Maya quickly took a seat beside me.

"Where are Kriti and the rest?" I asked Maya.

"Well, Kriti and Mann are following us, and the rest I guess went home or maybe still there." She looked concerned.